Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Square Poinsettia Card

I was still in the Christmas card mode and so this time I made a card using dies again but this time I am entering it in the Cheery Lynn Blog Challenge for this week which involves using doilies.




I chose a base card of white card stock. I also die cut the doily out of white card stock too! My panel over the white was a darker pink card stock. Before I added the doily I inked it up with some Shattered Glass blue from Distressed Inks and then with Versamark ink before I added Sparkle N Sprinkle Sparkle E 107 and heat set it. I then placed this on the pink panel.

Next I die cut the poinsettia out of Gina K. Designs Cranberry Tart card stock, but before I assembled it I also inked it up with Versamark ink and then added the Sparkle embossing powder and heat set it. Behind the assembled poinsettia I then added my pine branches cut from Gina K. Designs Fresh Asparagus card stock and they also were inked with Versamark and embossed.

After I added the assembled poinsettia to the card I finished the card by adding some pearls in each corner.

I usually don't make square cards but this doily is so big it was the only way it could be used unless one went with a much bigger rectangle type of card. I am not sure I picked the correct background color though, but the deed is done so I will stick with it.

Cheery Lynn Dies used are:
B146 Pine Branches
DL 104 Canadian Kalaidoscope
C145 Poinsettia

Sun is out again but it rained all night and we got over three inches of rain. I think we are good for a long time now. I am sure this will give a big boost to everything in the fields and the gardens.

Enjoy your day and may God bless you.
Verna

9 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Pretty sparkly card!

Anne Temple said...

This is so pretty. I love the doily as the background for your poinsettia.

Kathy Krug said...

Love this Christmas card.

shulsart said...

Very lovely, Verna, the sparkle on your doily is a perfect touch! Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Peanut said...

Love the non-traditional colours on this card.
hugs, Asha

Unknown said...

Makes for a pretty card Verna, Love doing square cards

Lisa Babitz said...

Love your rich colored, sparkly poinsettia!! Beautiful card!

Corina said...

Love your choice of doily! The sparkle is perfect! Thank you for joining us for the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs!

Judy Woodland said...

Love that doily background with the poinsettia in the middle. You are really getting ahead of the game with the Christmas cards. I can't stand the thought of making them yet. Don't want summer to be over I guess - although it certainly does feel like fall these days. Beautiful card!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...