Thursday, March 31, 2016

Papa Minion

Well, since I had to deal with other things today I just settled for a card design that I had been wanting to do for a long time. I used quite a few of Gina K. Designs stamps on it and also one die cut and lots of thinking on my part to pull it all together. But again, it was a fun thing to do and really had my imagination working over time with it.


This may not be like the original Minion characters but with my own spin on it I thought it still looked pretty good. And, it is supposed to be a humorous design and I hope that at least someone might get a few smiles from it.

I shaped the card top by using part of a large oval die from Spellbinders. I only cut the upper part and left it free on top so it could be opened and closed like a normal card. The glasses are a die cut from Simon Says.

The pupil, buttons and heart are from the Fun Year Round set from Gina K. Designs which is illustrated by Melanie Muenchinger. The lips were made by using the finest line stamp from the Gina K. Designs Perfect Plaids set which is illustrated by Tami Mayberry. Since they are clear stamps I was able to curve the line image and have it connect at the top and bottom to make the mouth. I then hand drew in teeth and colored them with a White Galaxy marker.

And I saw the { image on the Gina K. Designs Stamp It Big 2 set illustrated by Carolyn King and thought it looked like a mustache.  I also hand drew part of the eyes. The solid black circle used for the iris is from the Gina K. Designs Pretty Patterns set.

I hand cut the pattern for the overalls and then stamped the button in light blue and fussy cut it out before adding it to the straps. My sentiment was added to a lighter blue card stock and it is from the Gina K. Designs Let's Talk set illustrated by Debbie Corbari. I then stamped the heart next to the sentiment.

The card was finished with adding some swipes of black Spectrum Noir Aqua pen to make hair. And please excuse the shaky lines that I hand drew. My arthritis in the hands is acting up somewhat and therefore I got quite squiggly looking with my drawing.

Well, I hope you got a little chuckle from my creation. Thanks for looking and I hope your day is going great.

God bless,
Verna

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Who doesn't love those adorable whacky Minions? LOVE your card, super creative!

Diana said...

Very creative! I used 3 stamps set, but you even beat me! Was hard, but once you get started and really look at your stamps, lots of fun.

Lisa Babitz said...

Too cute!! And very creative! :)

kittykat3308 said...

Adorable. You are so creative.

Blessings,
Kathleen

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh that is fun!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...