Thursday, April 15, 2021

Cowboy Graduation Card

This graduation card was made using the school colors of maroon and gold. Also the young man graduating was dressed with western clothing and a cowboy hat and I know his family are really enthusiastic about horses and going on trail rides. So that was the reason I chose to use this theme for his graduation card. I think he will like it and my husband said it was perfect for him.





I used that silhouette public domain image and printed it onto white cardstock. Then I took my blending brushes and added shades of yellow and gold with a hint of light orange. I also tried to make it look like some clouds in the sky too by adding a hint of blue. It was mounted onto a maroon card base but for some reason on my computer it looks more like red. I made this to fit in a 5 x 7 envelope which I found in a rich yellow (almost a golden yellow). 

And here is how I did the inside. I used the hats and sentiment from Beccy's Place Digitals Hats Off stamp set. 



I hope I inspired you a teeny bit and I hope your day is going well. Thanks for the visit. I see Google is making changes again so I am not sure how that will affect me and my blog. But rest assured I love to see you stop by and leave your comments. They mean a lot to me. Until next time, take care!

God bless, Verna

13 comments:

Bunny said...

I love this Verna. You did a great job. The image is really cute. [Bunny]

Ina G said...

Lovely cas graduation card Verna. I bet he was thrilled with it.

Barbara Bruder said...

What a cool card. I am sure he really appreciated the design that you made. I love this card. So creative.

Judy Inukai said...

Super graduation card and Yee-Haw is the perfect sentiment for the front.

Lisa Babitz said...

This came out great! Love how you personalized it with the school colors, the graduate's love of horses, and his graduation day clothing choice. The inside of the card looks great, too. I'm sure he will love it!

Bonnie said...

Glad to see you using the image. Worked great, especially with the use of school colors.

Brenda in IN said...

What a perfect card for the young man. He will appreciate you thinking of what he likes to make this card. It is great, Verna.

Rosy Newlun said...

Beautiful background and silhouette of the cowboys! It's glowing! I love custom made cards and this is gorgeous!

Leslie Miller said...

Absolutely perfect for the young man you made it for! What a great image that is, and the sentiment says it all.

Kathy Krug said...

Love the background and who doesn't love a cowboy. I married one.

TK said...

Using the cowboy theme was a terrific idea, especially since it fits the recipient! Great card, Verna, and the colors are rich.

As for the changes, I'm up for suggestions how we're going to work around this one -- I'm hoping someone with more time will figure this out for us and share!

laurie said...

great idea to personalize the grad card!

Carol L said...

This is a perfect graduation card for one who loves western clothing and horses! I love how you made it with his school colors too!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...