Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Graduation Time

Well the graduation announcements have been arriving of late so I worked on a couple using this same design which I will send to the young ladies graduating. I must confess when I made the digital images design I somehow got one of the graduation caps having part of it missing. Since I had already printed it on the yellow and white gingham paper I decided to go with it anyway and use the old trick of a cover up to take care of the oops! So that is the reason I added those flowers. I like it better this way too! Looks more feminine!



This is a mini slimline card. I used the sentiment and the graduation cap from the Beccy's Place Hats Off set. These were printed onto the gingham paper. Then I also printed out a sheet of water colored images from the Artsystamper Digitals Watercolor Florals Card Making Kit. I chose two of the flowers and fussy cut them out and placed them over the area where I made the "boo boo". Now you can't tell it at all. I also added what was a digital washi tape along one edge to match inside the card. This was included in the kit. 

I am sure I will be needing more graduation cards but at least I have two done. These will work great for slipping in a few dollars or a gift card for the recipient. 

Most of my week has been spent on the phone and computer doing other jobs. We will be getting fiber-optic service dug in this summer and then next winter it will be installed. So we wanted to be sure and see we got signed up for it before the May deadline. Then after that was done I went to work to see if we could get our landline phone bill reduced so I think that is in the works now too. These things all take time.

Well I am so glad you stopped by. I appreciate your wonderful comments. Until next time take care.

God bless, Verna



11 comments:

Liz said...

A super design for a graduation card, Verna. Great recovery from your "boo boo". xx

Barbara said...

I love the flowers to cover up for an error. Thanks for the reminder, I need to make one too. Almost forgot.

Bunny said...

Nice graduation card. I've got to get on to making mine, too. [Bunny]

Diane said...

Very pretty pretty graduation card, just perfect for young ladies, a nice feminine touch and a perfect 'oops' cover up!!

Lisa Babitz said...

This is a great graduation card design for a young woman; looks great with the flower embellishments (with or without the hidden boo boo - lol!).

Brenda in IN said...

Great way to "fix" the card and it turned out so pretty. Hard to believe it's time for graduation with how messed up schools have been all year. Seems like they just got the students back in school and now they are graduating!

Carol L said...

A great slimline grad card, and I always say there are no oops moments in cardmaking as we can always cover them up with something else! Good thinking here and a great save for a fun card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great whoops cover up! :)

Sandra H said...

Beautiful graduation card x

TK said...

Sweet card, and thoughtful gift -- sure to be loved by the recipient!
Glad you're getting a better fix to your internet, you'll soon be zipping around the WWW like a breeze. God bless you, Verna, and your ever-lovin' heart!

Leslie Miller said...

It's amazing how those "oops" oftentimes make a card all the better! This is lovely, Verna! You're probably going to be very happy with your fiberoptic internet. Yes, everything takes too much time away from these things we most love to do.

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...