The theme at the Mod Squad Blog Challenge this week was to make a background for a card by any method as long as it was not a pre-printed one. I chose to use an embossing folder to which I added inks and then spritzed with water before I placed my card stock on it. The folder I used was Seeing Spots by Cuttlebug.
The color of ink used on my background was Gina K. Designs Wild Lilac and I added it to Gina K. Designs White card stock. Also used for the "Love Arrangement" die by Die-namites was Gina K. Designs Edible Eggplant card stock. It was backed up on a sheet of Gina K,'s Wild Lilac card stock. I used Edible Eggplant to frame the panel from leftovers by making just a corner design. My sentiment is from Gina K. Designs Birthday Blessing set and was inked up with Edible Eggplant. After combining all the layers onto the base of white card stock I then finished it off by adding a ribbon bow at the bottom.
I am cleaning up my work space this week and since I ran across all of these things I had done previously but not used I decided they could work together for a nice card design if I were creative enough to get the leftovers to stretch. I am happy with it and not only am I getting some cleaning done I am also getting some creative fun in.
Have a great weekend everyone and thanks for the lovely comments.