Thursday, September 8, 2016

Trim The Tree

I went with a Christmas card again and this time used images and dies from My Favorite Things. Therefore I will be entering this in the My Favorite Things-You Could Be a Card Design Superstar Contest-2116.


I tried to create a scene and piled a lot of gifts beneath the tree. For this card I used the LJD-54 Trim the Tree stamp set and also used the FT-788 Trim the Tree Die-Namics die set which matches.


I stamped the ornaments on the tree with clear Versamark ink and then used embossing powder of red and white on them which I heat set. I added extra gem embellishments to the ornaments on the tree and the star. And, The tree was popped up with double stick photo tape. I also popped up the gifts below the tree with photo tape too! The last thing I did was to add a panel of red card stock behind the back of the card so that it had a framed look when closed.


I used pretty much traditional colors of green, gold and red but could not resist adding a few images stamped with wisteria colored ink too. All the inks were from Gina K. Designs;


Well, I now have another Christmas card done but I still have a long ways to go. I thank all of you for stopping in and checking out what my creative juices came up with today and I hope you are having a productive day as well.

God bless,
Verna

8 comments:

  1. You're way ahead of the game. I really decided I should get started on my 152 before October!! Anyway, this is totally lovely - really like the light and not too heavy Christmas colors especially. The little pressies are so much fun under the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute card! I lOVE your ornaments!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to see you creating again, Verna! Your card is beautiful! I love all of those presents! Best wishes for the Superstar contest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Verna! you ARE a Superstar!!! never doubt it : )

    (((Hugs)))
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. That's a nice way to make your cards special.. doing them all through the year. I love this one and the gems are perfect. Glad your feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I keep saying Festive, but this is very festive. You have decked the halls perfectly with this stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super fun, love all the gifts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading my blog posts and for all the wonderful comments.