Friday, June 14, 2019

Lemonade Thank You

I made a card to enter into the Impression Obsession Challenge-I'll Drink To That! I confess I had no stamp or die by IO that would fit so I ordered one in hopes it would come in time. It came in today's mail so I decided to make up a quick card with it.This is the card I made using a few of the elements from the new die set along with another die set.


I die cut the lemonade glass and elements from white vellum paper. I then colored them with markers. I had already in my stash a lime green card base so I took another scrap of pattern paper with a circle cut out of it and that made the base of my card. I then added the lemonade and lemon slice to the circle area and stamped the sentiment with black ink. The last thing I did was add the frame around the card.

Dies used:
Impression Obsession DIE185H-Mixed Drinks Set
Impression Obsession DIE805-YY Checkered Frames

Stamp Set Used:
Impression Obsession CL653 Mini Messages3

Other Supplies:
Gina K. Designs Connect Glue
Gina K. Designs Pattern Paper
Tombo Markers
Versafine Black Onyx ink

Well, the weekend is upon us and if you are like me no doubt some of your kids will be joining you for the weekend to help Dad celebrate his day. And if not I still hope the weekend is a great one for you. And, to all the dads out there! Happy Father's Day! Thanks for stopping by.

God bless,
Verna

15 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

A super fun layout! Great use of your new die and the fun frame!

Liz said...

Great card, Verna, it's got a lovely, summery feel. xx

Lisa Babitz said...

Cute summer card! That patterned paper looks great on the green base, and I love your lemon and lemonade cluster.

Carol L said...

What a fun card you made to enter the challenge, and at the last minute too! Good job! Love that blue panel and the cute frame around everything! Enjoy your weekend!

Donna Ellis said...

Refreshingly cute card, Verna! (slurping lemonade here) LOL - that GKD paper is beautiful, too! hugs, de

Mac Mable said...

Glad your craft stash came in time to make this wonderful Summer card x.

laurie said...

Fun card Verna! I like how you colored on vellum...great look!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Super cute ideas! Fun and summery - Like the die cut positioning.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, I like this, Verna! Great colors and cute stamps and paper. I hope it's been a happy Dad's Day there!

MiamiKel said...

Hi Verna! You share the same name as my sweet gramma! I love that - and your card is so festive and fun! I love the card design with the gorgeous vibrant colors! New follower!

Greta said...

Love the background & frame--perfect card for the challenge!

Diane said...

Super cute card and perfect for the challenge...I was going to try and join in there with same die set, I seem to have lost the little umbrella die that goes with the set...ugh, I might to re-buy it...I am sure it is here somewhere though lol!!

Inkyfingers said...

What a fun card Verna and I love those summery colours. Hope you had a good weekend with the family.
Hugs
Carol x

TK said...

Fun card with all the lemonade and bright colors!

Lisa said...

So pretty and summery! Very fun and great colors!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...