Friday, June 7, 2019

Birthday Roses

Since the theme at the Double D's Challenge is Rose Garden I decided to make this birthday card using lots of roses on it. I used a die and a couple of stamp sets to make it.


I die cut the Bed of Roses cover plate from Essentials by Ellen and then sponged on some deeper pink inks to give more dimension to the design. This was placed onto a darker pink panel. I also took the sentiment from Gina K. Designs More Massive Messages and stamped that onto white card stock with black ink. I cut the white strip to the size I wanted and then layered it to a black piece of card stock and then onto the card. I stamped the roses from the Gina K. Designs A Happy Hello set, cut them out and popped that up over the top of the sentiment strip. The last thing I added was some green rhinestones. And that is my card design all completed.

Well, I hope your day is going well and I so appreciate your visits.

God bless,
Verna




16 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Beautifully layered rose creation, Verna! I love the ombre effect throughout your die cut background! hugs, de

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great job with this pretty coverplate

Ina G said...

Such a lovely card Verna. Gorgeous cover plate.

Leslie Miller said...

You sure did ace the rose challenge, Verna! How beautiful to use the die as a background for the single rose and sentiment. Gorgeous!

Dawn S. said...

This is beautiful! You did a great job.

Mac Mable said...

Roses galore and such a pretty card with loads of colour and texture x.

Darlene said...

OH WOW this is absolutely beautiful Verna! What a fabulous design! LOVE IT!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Rose Garden’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Carol L said...

What a wonderful rose garden you've created! The colors are lovely and I just love that single rose accent too! Beautiful card!

Lisa Babitz said...

I love the sponged die cut you created for your background. The rose you stamped and cut out looks beautiful and matches the background roses perfectly! This is such a pretty card!!

Diane said...

This is gorgeous Verna, what a beautiful die!! A beautiful design as well!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT

Lisa said...

Gorgeous! That stamp goes perfectly with that cover die! Love this!

Greta said...

One of my favorite cards, Verna! Pink & roses are 2 of my favorite things!

Dandi93 said...

Absolutely beautiful Verna, what a great way to get two cards from one diecut

wannabcre8tive said...

A very pretty card. I love the pink and the rose die.

laurie said...

This is STUNNING!!! I love all the pretty roses.

Judy Woodland said...

Beautiful card, I love the die cut background. STUNNING, and great take on the Mood Board, thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Double D Rose Garden Challenge. Hope we see you back again soon!!
Judy~ DD DT
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!!


Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...