Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Mixed Media Tag

I had made a tag to put in another challenge but I missed the deadline by a few minutes. But I decided to share it with you anyway and enter it in the June Stamplorations Artplorations Mixed Media Challenge. 



The first thing I did was to take a stencil and using lime colored card stock made the plaid pattern by adding red and darker green inks from Gina K. Designs. I then die cut the tag base from red card stock using a die from a Quick Cutz Nesting Tag set. I also took a die from the same set and cut out the plaid layer so that it would fit inside the red tag. The next step was to stamp the reindeer and the sentiment with Gina K. Designs black ink. I colored the reindeer with Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol and then die cut the deer out with the dies that matched it. These were placed onto the plaid design and the tag was finished by adding some sequin snowflakes.

Supplies used:
Artplorations Plaid Maker Stencil
Stamplorations Christmas Reindeer and Cutplorations Matching Die
Quick Cutz Nesting Tag
Gina K. Designs Connect Glue
Crafters Companion Glue Pen
Kat Scrappiness-Snowflake Sequins
Ribbon-Generic
Inks-Gina K. Designs
Card Stock-Gina K. Designs

I had just recently acquired the Plaid Maker stencil and I just had to play with that as well as the new stamp set I purchased. I love this tag and really love the plaid.

Well, thanks for the visit and I appreciate all the wonderful comments too.

God bless,
Verna

8 comments:

Carol L said...

Such a cute whimsical deer image and I like the plaid colors! Great tag!

Leslie Miller said...

No reason not to share it! I can't believe you made that plaid! I never would have guessed. Great idea to start with the lime green CS. It worked out perfectly. I also LOVE the reindeer stamp. Whimsical and cute!

TK said...

Wow! Impressive that you made the cute tag, let alone that plaid! I would've thought the green cs would've changed the red color of the ink but you win!

Lisa said...

Love this! That's a fantastic plaid background... I must take a look at that stencil! Great tag!

wannabcre8tive said...

A fabulous tag. I love the plaid.

laurie said...

I love plaid, works so well for Christmas cards too. Cute card!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

I love those wonky deer! Great little tag!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super cute. Great plaid bg too

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...