Tuesday, June 11, 2019

June Twofer Card Challenge #17

Well, when I saw that Darnell's Twofer Card Challenge #17 called for us to use BEES I said "What??" I could not recall any bee images in my stamps or in my dies but yesterday I went through my stamp sets and finally found a bee. I had an abundance of dragonflies, butterflies and even an old regular housefly but I was almost ready to give up when I finally found one. And that was no easy task as I am like most stampers and have a lot of things to search through. So finally I had a basis on which to construct two different cards. I hope I was successful as this was a most challenging thing for me with only one choice of a bee to work with.



The stamp set I found with a bee on it is A Jillian Vance Designs Simply Said: Happy Daisy. It worked out well for me to create two different cards. I hope you like what I did as well.


For this first card I used some Gina Marie Designs Circle Stitched dies. For the first die cut around the bee and sentiment I kept it in the die and then gently took my brushes and added some light blue color. Then I popped it out of the die and added it to another stitched circle. I laid them aside and then took a Lawn Fawn Stripey Backdrop die and cut a black panel which I placed over a lighter yellow card base. Then I was ready to pop the sentiment panel on top and complete the card.


This second card went together quite fast too once I figured out a design. I stamped the daisy, bees and the sentiment onto white card stock and then die cut it with a Maker's Movement Stitched Rectangle die. I set that aside and then also die cut another stitched rectangle from the Gina K. Designs pattern paper. This was then mounted to a light yellow card base. I laid the white panel across it and then completed the card by adding some black glittery sprinkles from Doodlebug Designs Inc. along the top and bottom.

Whew! Mission accomplished and I am so glad I kept searching for a bee. Thanks so much for visiting and I hope your week is going well. Oh, and the weather or something is interfering with our internet and so I am getting on for just short periods. That is so frustrating. I hope I can get this post all up and running before it goes down again. Take care now.

God bless,
Verna

19 comments:

Liz said...

Two super cards, Verna, perfect for the Twofer challenge. The first one is so striking with the stripy background and I love the CAS layout of your second card. xx

Greta said...

2 cute cards!

Darnell said...

You are so fast, Verna! These turned out perfectly. I'm so glad you persisted in your search! I should have sent Hammy over. One of his super powers is hearing the buzzing coming from the stamps. No, I have not had wodka yet this evening, why do you ask? I really love how you used your stripey background die in black and yellow to frame your sweet bee and "bee happy" sediment on your first design! I also love your choice of the rectangle pp panel behind your focus pocus on your second design with the pretty flower and pollinating bees! You really do have an excellent eye for layout!! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #17! Hugs, Darnell

Dawn S. said...

Both of these cards are wonderful! I’m glad you found that cute bee stamp!

Diane said...

Oh Verna these cards are great, I love both equally the same. I am glad you found your bee because these two cards are so cute AND creative!! Have 'bee-autiful day!!

Shona Erlenborn said...

These are bee-autiful! What a fun and happy little bee stamp. Both renditions are wonderful Verna!

Carol L said...

That cute little bee was a good find in your stash and it made 2 very cute cards! Love the bright colors of each card, and especially the glittery sprinkles on the 2nd! well done!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I feel your pain in the search for a specific stamp! I have definitely been there.

These bee cards are super cute, and fun!

stampingbowd said...

Your bees are absolutely darling! So glad you rediscovered them! So very cheerful and fun. I love that you made 2 cards!

Lisa Babitz said...

Both of your bee cards are so cute! I especially love the layers, the layout, and the images on your daisy card!

Donna Ellis said...

Hi Verna! Your bee creations are delightful! I'm amazed at the black-yellow strips carrying the theme, and the sweet flower as well. Both cards are beautiful! hugs, de

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very cute cards. I adore that striped one of course ☺

Leslie Miller said...

And just look what a cute bee it is and two perfectly cheerful and fun cards! Really love the stripey background in bumblebee colors on your first card and the happy daisy with yellow and green on your second card. Cute layout. You're always so good at this challenge, making two completely different designs. The black glittery sprinkles are perfect, too. Love them both! Thanks for joining us at Twofer, Verna!

Dandi93 said...

Your little found bee made two fantastic cards Verna with cute sketches as well

laurie said...

Cute cards and idea! I like all the stitched dies you used too.

Anita in France said...

I'm so glad you kept searching for that sweet little bee too, Verna ... what a cutie! The black and yellow striped background on your encouragement card is bold and fabulous ... just the perfect spot for the sentiment panel with the tiny bee! Lovely layering on your thanks card ... that whimsical flower against the grassy pp meadow is a delight for your bees to buzz around! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Hugs, Anita :)

TK said...

Fabulous Twofers! Love your sweet bee and and your coloring on your yellow card is just so fun!

Kara Lynne said...

Fantastic bee cards, Verna! I know it's a challenge when you don't have many (or especially just one) bee stamps. You really rose to the challenge as you created two different and wonderful cards! I love the black and yellow striped background your gave your happy bee, and your two thankful bees buzzing around the flower look happy as well! Thanks for joining the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

Lisa said...

Oh my these are just too adorable!! Love them both!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...