Thursday, June 6, 2019

Another Father's Day Card

I think this is the last Father's Day card I will need for this year. And, to make it I pulled out an old wood mounted stamp from Tin Can Mail. I am not even sure that the company is in existence anymore. But it is quite a large stamp and being it was wood I could not get it to work in my Misti.  So I think perhaps this will be the last time I use it. I even stood up and put as much weight as I could on it and it still was not a very good printing. But since it was the third try I simply used it the way it was.


I stamped the image onto light blue card stock and then fussy cut it out and placed it onto some darker shade of blue. I also stamped the sentiment from Gina K. Designs onto the light blue and then layered that to the same darker blue. All of this was placed onto a brown card base. I added some sequins and a layered panel inside for a message and that completed my card.

This will be for another son-in-law. He is a great Dad to my grandsons. He may not be their biological father but he is still their Dad.

Well, I had another afternoon of stamping. It was fun too. Thanks for stopping in.

God bless,
Verna

14 comments:

Patti J said...

Love this! I wonder if this is one of those aged looking images that is supposed to stamp this way? It looks perfect to me! Thanks for sharing!

Birgit said...

What a tender image and a lovely card. So thoughtful of you to make it to give to your s-i-l. You could also try removing it from the wooden block and use a temporary adhesive in your Misti. Just a thought.

Carol L said...

I like the look of the stamp. It may look faded but I think it's perfect how you stamped it! Great father's day card!

Shona Erlenborn said...

I think it is supposed to stamp like that Verna - I really love it! What a great little scene and perfect for Father's Day. Also happen to love the blue and brown combination.

Diane said...

I think it looks fabulous, a nice vintage look. I have been pulling my stamps off my wood blocks when I can and use them in my stamp platform. Anyhow it is a great card for your SIL that I am sure he will treasure!!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I think it looks printed just fine! Maybe this is how it is supposed to be? Did you try turning the stamp upside down and rubbing the paper down to it? That is what I often do with large stamps. Anyhow, this is a great and different image, I really like this as a Father’s Day card!

Lisa Babitz said...

I think your stamping looks great. Almost distressed. I, too, struggle with my older wooden stamps and usually rip them off the wood and foam, remount them on cling foam, and use them with my MISTI. I'm not sure how I stamped before the MISTI - LOL!

Judy Woodland said...

I think your image is stamped perfectly. It has that vintage look of an old photograph. Wood stamps are the worst for getting things crisp, but you nailed it. I love this card, it's so nostalgic and perfect for that special man. Well done!!!

Leslie Miller said...

It's a beautiful stamp. Maybe it's supposed to have that somewhat worn look. I see I'm not the only person who has wondered about that. Your card has a wonderfully vintage masculine look to it and I know it will mean a lot to your son-in-law. I still don't have a stamp platform. I use my old Stamp-a-Ma-Jig for the same purpose, but it's too difficult with a very large stamp.

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a wonderful image and card

Mac Mable said...

Wonderful masculine card with a great stamped image and love the brown with the blue. I have pulled off my stamps from the blocks of wood and added foam so that I can now use them with the misti.

Lisa said...

Absolutely love this! I don't know how the image should look but it looks very vintage and I think it's perfect!

Dandi93 said...

Wonderful Father's day card, this stamp definitely reminds me of the Andy Griffith. Show

wannabcre8tive said...

A wonderful Father's Day Card. Love the image and the sequins.

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...