Sunday, May 9, 2021

Carnation For Mom

Happy Mother's Day! This card is for all the moms, grandmothers, aunts, and motherly women of all ages. I hope your having a great day!



For this card I used the carnation from the Multi-Step Carnation stamp set from Kitchen Sink Stamps and also a sentiment from the Hearts and Roses stamp set from Kitchen Sink Stamps.  The dies used are some mini slimline ones from Kat Scrappiness.  I also layered the panel with the carnation on it to some light green cardstock before laying it on the latticed background. The card was finished off with some strips of red rhinestones from my stash.

I am entering this card in the Double D's Challenge-Flowers of the Month-January -June.

And once again I was blessed with some beautiful flowers. This time it was a big bouquet of (you guessed it) carnations. And also included was a bag filled with candy bars. Yummy!


It was another wonderful surprise and those carnations are so beautiful and smell wonderful. I am afraid the carnation on paper does not smell that good though. LOL

I thank all of you for stopping by and I hope your day is a great one.

God bless, Verna

19 comments:

Bunny said...

Happy Mother's Day and what a lovely card. [Bunny]

TK said...

Sweet and beautiful, we'll just have to imagine the sweet smell from this pretty carnation

Carol L said...

A beautiful carnation and I love all the red beads too! Hope your day was a special one!

Doreen said...

What a gorgeous flower,love your card.xxx

Bonnie said...

What a delightful creation. You get such great colors on your multi stamps.

Judy Woodland said...

What a lovely card. You have chosen the perfect colors and I really like the background. And then those gems are a great final touch. Beautiful!!

Darlene said...

Happy Belated Mother's Day Verna!
Your card is just beautiful and you did an awesome job on that multi-step carnation! Fabulous design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Flower of the Month’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Lisa Babitz said...

Your carnation card is beautiful as is your lovely bouquet! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day.

Dawn S. said...

Lovely layering on your pretty card! Happy Mother's Day to you, too, a bit late!

Barbara said...

Belated Happy Mother’s Day to you Verna! This is a great card for,the occasion and I am so glad that you joined us at Double D Challenge.
Barbara

Vicki Dutcher said...

Pretty card - hope you had a good Mom's day

Mac Mable said...

Such a beautiful and feminine card and one beautiful bouquet too Verna...And lucky you with the candy bars too x.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, how pretty! Love the mini-slimline die cut background, too. You were treated well for Mother's Day! A bagful of candy bars -- heaven!

Diane said...

Beautiful card, I love carnations ad love how long their vase life is!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double d!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Maria said...

Such a lovely carnation! Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother’s Day!

Sandra H said...

So beautiful

Donna Ellis said...

I love that carnations are such an enduring flower - just like a mother's love! The layers on your creation are just beautiful! hugs, de

Lisa said...

Another beauty! You are so good with the layered stamps! I struggle so. That carnation looks so dimensional.

Greta said...

Beautiful layers & love the rows of gems! Hope you're feeling better now, Verna.

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...