Friday, May 1, 2015

Powder Blue and Fresh Asparagus Birthday

There was a Stamp TV Friday Fun Kit Challenge today to use the colors of Powder Blue and Avocado and I figured the Fresh Asparagus color was a close match to that shade of green. I used stamp images and a sentiment from the Gina K. Designs Birthday Blessings set which was included in the Birthday Essentials Kit. Also included was the butterfly die.


The green striped pattern paper is from the Delicate Essentials Paper Pack from Gina K. Designs. I also added ribbons which I purchased at Gina K.'s as well. The dies used were purchased at Gina's and they are from Cherry Lynn Designs. I used the XM-9 Oval-Inverted Scalloped set and also the M-7 Oval-Classic set. My leafy design was stamped around the edge of the classic die which I had sponged on the Powder Blue ink and then placed onto the inverted die cut. I also cut out the butterfly with the die that matched it from the kit and added some color to it and then added some adhesive to the middle before popping it up on the card. I finished by layering all together and adding the ribbons and the bling.

A simple design but I really like how it turned out. Another enjoyable afternoon of creativity. Hope your day is going great too.

God bless,
Verna

10 comments:

Kathy Krug said...

Beautiful design and colors.

kittykat3308 said...

Beautiful

Kathleen

Unknown said...

Oooh isn't that pretty! Love the leaves stamped in that manner and your beautiful butterfly! Pretty colors indeed!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I love the way you stamped the leaves around the edge of the oval, and your butterfly is gorgeous!

Barbara said...

So very pretty!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely bfly on this pretty color combo card

Ina G said...

Lovely card Verna and the colours look so good together. That butterfly is gorgeous.

Donna Ellis said...

How pretty, Verna! Love those leaves, and your card design. hugs, de

Judy Woodland said...

Beautiful card! Love how you stamped the leaves around the oval - very clever. Isn't this a pretty color combination - very fresh. Love your butterfly too!!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Beautiful card, Verna! those little pearls on the butterfly are delicious!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...