Wednesday, November 4, 2015

1 2 3 Thanks

Today I worked with an awesome leaf stamp to create a background and also used a sentiment from the same Gina K. Design set called Simply The Best. I stamped the leaves in Autumn colors onto white card stock to make a patterned panel.



I used a base card of Cranberry Tart card stock and placed the panel on a piece of Prickly Pear card stock. All the card stock is from Gina K. Designs.

My sentiment was stamped in Cranberry Tart ink onto the Prickly Pear classic oval and placed on a inverted scallop oval of white card stock. As you can see just a slight bit of the white shows up between the layers. The final oval layer is of Cranberry Tart too. My oval dies are from Cheery Lynn Designs.

I finished the card by popping the sentiment and then adding one single white pearl by it before adding a white layer inside for my message. Oh, the leaves were stamped again on that inside white layer.

I am entering this in the Mod Squad Blog Challenge for this week. The theme is Give Thanks.

I am also entering this in the Mix It Up Monday challenge at Stamp TV for which we are to make our own recipe of 1 2 3. I used one pearl, two stamps (leaf and sentiment) and three colors of card stock (cranberry tart, prickly pear and white).

Thanks for all the wonderful comments you leave each post. I so appreciate them.

God bless and thanks for being you,
Verna

10 comments:

Judy Woodland said...

LOVE your color combo - great card. The stamping speaks for itself, just beautiful!!

Karen Hasheck said...

that leaf stamp and this card are awesome!

Ina G said...

Wow Verna that background is awesome in such beautiful colours. Such a lovely Thank You card.

Barbara said...

Your leaf background looks so real and just like the leaves that are on the ground now. Love the simple sentiment and the single pearl to accent. Thanks for playing with the Mod Squad this week.

Karen Dunbrook said...

This is so gorgeous mf.

Unknown said...

This. Is. Beautiful. LOVE your background and the colors you chose!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous background with those leaves!

Kathy Krug said...

Beautiful background.

Nancy said...

Great colors!! Great card!

Peanut said...

That leafy bg truly captures the spirit of autumn. The colours are scrumptious!
hugs Asha

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...