Monday, April 11, 2016

Sunset On Lake

Well, I was looking to see if I had more acrylic paints and although I did not find any I did find these oil pastels which were purchased and never used. They were a very cheap set but I had to try them. Again, another medium I am not at all familiar with but I understand once you put the colors down you blend them with your fingers. At least that is what I did. I added the colors to a black sheet of Gina K. Designs heavy weight card stock. I then mounted this on a card base but here it is just shown as the original art work.



This was added to a full of sheet card stock folded in half so the card measures 4 1/4 inches by 5 1/2 inches. I was told one should spray it with a fixative and it seems all I had was some acrylic spray which was supposed to be used to save art work, but it did not mention oil pastels so hopefully, it will still work on it. If anyone knows differently, please let me know. As I said I am a novice at most of this artsy stuff I have been doing lately. I think you can tell too. LOL

I tried to scratch off some tree leaves in the upper right corner but they did not look so great. I may not have the right type of scraping tool for that. And I then nixed the idea of adding more tree leaves on the other side. I also scraped off to add my name and the man in the boat taking an evening boat ride. However, the distant shore line and trees was done with a black pastel crayon.

And, please if you are knowledgeable in this art form please give me any pointers on it as heaven knows I need all the help I can get. LOL It was another adventure in creativity for me. And, again, even if it is not that good I still enjoyed it and had lots of fun. I hope you are having a great fun day as well.

God bless,
Verna

7 comments:

Judy Woodland said...

Oh wow....this is awesome. Love how you got that sunset to look real. Beautiful!!

Lisa Babitz said...

This is beautiful! You are so brave trying so many new mediums, and you are doing a great job with them!

Barbara said...

You are just forging ahead with your painting. I really like with you have done here and envy you your new found artistry.

Unknown said...

I know nothing about this....but I love your stormy sea scene! You are quite the artist!

Patti said...

Wow!! You did this with your finger? not a brush?! oh Verna! God has blessed you with talent! It is so nice to see that you are trying new things! Keep up the amazing work friend : )

Patti

Unknown said...

Wow Verna. Love the colours for sure.
Got a painting done with hands when in Mexico and watched him do it. Was absolutely amazed at what this guy painted and in the time frame. Absolutely had beautiful ones done.

Peanut said...

WOW! I' in awe, Verna. This is outstanding, friend!
x Asha

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...