Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Patriotic Thank You

Well, ever since I got the Beautiful World Collection by Catherine Pooler I have been wanting to work with the GeoBuilders set in making a card. So when the Double D's Blog Challenge popped up in my inbox with a support our troops theme I decided to use that set and a sentiment from another stamp set in the collection called Sugar Pea Designs Enchanted Garden to join in on the fun. With Memorial Day coming up soon I can see this being a nice way to thank our military past and present and I think this would also work well for the Fourth of July too! Just add a different sentiment.


I stamped the builders design on the card and did it with a red followed by a blue line. I followed this pattern until about a third of the way up the white base card. As I built it up it created a gorgeous design pattern. I also added a strip of denim blue card stock and over that I added a red and white ribbon using the Cheery Lynn Designs Allison's Ribbon die. The sentiment was stamped first in the denim blue and then I over stamped it again with cheery red ink which are both from the Gina K. Designs line.

The finishing touch was to add three blue star rhinestones around the sentiment and also some red rhinestones at the top of the builders block design.

I can see a lot of different options for a quick and easy note card with the builders set. And, one can vary the colors for a unique look each time.

Well, between a lot of phone calls today I managed to get one card done at least. I hope your day is turning out to be a fantastic one too!

Take care and God bless,
Verna

7 comments:

Judy Woodland said...

What a great take on this challenge. PERFECTION, my dear. LOVE the pattern on the bottom, and the double stamping on the greeting. And then the stars are the perfect final touch. Well done!

Darlene said...

FANTASTIC and JUST PERFECT Verna! What an awesome design technique! I'm always so thrilled to see your entries! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Patriotic’ Challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. Did you know the current Cheery Lynn Designs challenge is Red, White & Blue ... you should share this beauty with them too.

Kathy Krug said...

Love how you built your pattern, Verna. It came out beautifully in the red, white and blue.

Unknown said...

Really like this one Verna, and the Thank You just finishes it with it's simplicity of a real sentiment.

Patti said...

How clever! I love the way you stamped your sentiment!!

Awesome stamping!

Patti

Leslie Miller said...

A perfectly created pattern with the builder's design! Love the shadow stamping, too. I never remember to do that, but it looks great on your card. That ribbon die is an absolute must have. Always the right color ribbon anytime! Cute little glittery star rhinestones. This is just ideal for our Patriotic challenge at Double D and I'm so glad you played along!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun patriotic card - great bottom border

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...