Thursday, July 14, 2016

Floral Thank You

Today I am using some Tim Holtz Distressed inks in my project. I used Worn Lipstick and Barn Door. I swiped them onto watercolor paper and then took a brush and some water to try and blend them and lift some of the color to change the variation in shades. I am not so sure that it worked as well as I thought it would but it did lighten up the colors somewhat.


I took the flower image from the CAS-UAL Fridays set called Truth Is and stamped it on the white base card with clear Versamark ink and then embossed it with black embossing powder. Well, it was not a good embossing day and even though I used an anti-static pad it still had flecks of black EP on it. So my decision was not to toss it out but instead add more flecks of black to the design later on.

Next I stamped the flowers on the distressed ink panel and fussy cut the petals out. I then pieced them onto the main card. That was a tough cutting job but I did fairly well on it.

I also took the CAS-UAL Fridays All About You set which is from the Catherine Pooler Beautiful World Stamp of Approval release and only added the Thank sentiment. But I die cut the You from the You die set by CAS-UAL Fridays which was also in the Catherine Pooler collection. That die set also included the stars and hearts dies which I cut out with the distressed ink colored paper. The final touch was to add the black and white polka dot ribbon and more flecks of black.


This design is being entered in the following challenge:
Mod Squad Blog Challenge-Distressed Ink Lifting
Crop Stop Blog-Anything Goes

So nice of you to come by and leave such wonderful comments. I hope your day is a great one.

God bless,
Verna

7 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

What a pretty, flowing card! And all the little elements really do feel quite "lip-sticky-ish"! It's a delightful thank you card, Verna! hugs, de

Shona Erlenborn said...

Such a fun and whimsical little card. Love the choice of colors!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun card - great mixed font on the TY too --

Unknown said...

I love those flowers and your colors. This is a fun card, happy and sweet!

Unknown said...

hahaha I'm back again....this time I am paying attention to your Challenge entries LOL (my summer work load is effecting me--that's my story!) They're still gorgeous flowers and colors! :) Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Mod Squad Challenge Donna, Challenge Host.

Rosy Newlun said...

Boy, this is so gorgeous! You really have a knack for designs and colors. The painting is beautiful! And I think your sweet deer card is absolutely darling! Sleep well tonight ♥

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is so pretty, Verna! I love the little bow too!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...