Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Stamping Up the Sixties!

I recently ordered several stencils from Crafter's Companion which have a 60's theme. I just had to have a few of them and on this card I featured the one called Just Groovy. I made the stenciled background first with various colors of Gina K. Designs inks using sponges and sometimes they blended together to create newer colors. Once I had that done I proceeded to add the stamped images from the stamp set.


I stenciled and stamped on a piece of white card stock and when it was done I added it to the front of a white card stock base. I did pop up the records and guitars to add a bit of dimension to the design. They were also embossed too. And, I was very happy how it turned out. The quote for this card by Bob Marley fit the theme perfectly.

The stamp set I used is Gina K. Designs Live Life Loud set which was illustrated by Tami Mayberry. I think if I am not mistaken that this set is discontinued now. I am so glad I was able to get it before that happened as I have used it several times in the past too.

I had a lot of fun working with all of those bright colors and I am looking forward to using more of the 60's themed stencils I purchased in the near future. This was the era in which I was a young adult. Although I was not very much of a hippie! LOL No drugs or protests for me!

I hope your week is going great and that yours and our weather will get to being more Spring like. According to the forecast it should for the weekend at least warm things up. Hopefully, we will melt all the snow we accumulated too.

Thanks for stopping and for your wonderful comments. I think they are all so groovy!

God bless,
Verna

10 comments:

TWeber said...

Ha! Love it, Verna! And I'm listening to Bob Marley right now! What a coincidence! I need to get all the paperwork done for our tax appointment tomorrow and am listening to Marley to "feel no pain." I hate tax time.

Barbara said...

Fun and bright card.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

What fun! I really like your colorful background and all the music themed stamps. That is a fun sentiment!

Judy Woodland said...

Wow, this is just awesome. I love your background, the colors are amazing. Great design, and I love what you have done with those stamps. I'm sorry that set is retired, I would love to have it!!!

Donna Ellis said...

Remember dancing in high school with friends as the records played our favorite songs? Love your delightful card, Verna - so happy with a wonderfully created background! hugs, de

Unknown said...

Oh I love your background it is sooooo groovy man! lol Perfect stamp set to match your new stencils! Cool!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super fun and fabulous background

laurie said...

This is such a FUN card Verna....the paper..the sentiment...awesome!

Shona Erlenborn said...

What a super fun groovy card! Love this idea Verna! Thanks so much for sharing!

Unknown said...

Absolutely a 60's card for sure. Love it.

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...