Saturday, August 26, 2017

Holly & Pine Christmas

I have been meaning for a long time to enter a card into the Rudolph Days Challenge which is held every month. Of course, that means to make a Christmas card. So once again I used a stenciled design from the Tim Holtz Collection 19 and along with Deco Transfer Gel and Deco Amber Watercolor Foil I made a design on some metallic green card stock which I left to dry overnight. By running it through my laminator I foiled it and then added it to a card base of metallic gold card stock. I used a Memory Box Cross Stitched Border die to cut out the panel. The sentiment from Gina K. Designs was stamped with Versamark ink and then embossed with Gina K. Designs Fine Detail Gold embossing powder. It was added to a strip of the foiled paper and I also added a strip of foiled paper along the one side. I then popped the sentiment over the top.


I finished the card by adding a panel of ivory card stock inside so that I could stamp a message or write one.

Well, we got lots of rain again last night so we continue to be in a wet state here in our area. But I guess that is better then not enough rain so I will try not to complain too much. We are mudding the produce out of the garden. Only certain footwear is used this year to gather the crop. Normally August is hot and dry but this year we have been cooler and very wet.

I wish all of you a great weekend and I thank you for visiting and for always leaving such wonderful comments.

God bless,
Verna

12 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Hello Verna

This is a beautiful foiled card. Loving the gorgeous foiled holly.

Thanks for taking part in the August Rudolph Days Challenge.

Jean said...

A beautiful card Verna, I love the holly stencil you used and the metallic effect is gorgeous.
Jean x

Shona Erlenborn said...

So beautifully elegant! The metallic look is so rich! Love what you did here, Verna! Hope you've got wellies?

Karen Hasheck said...

Gorgeous card Verna! I am going to have to pull my stencil out like this!

Darnell said...

This is a really beautiful Christmas card, Verna! It's great to see you at Rudolph's! (I need to get my own card made!) Hugs, Darnell

Ina G said...

Oh Verna I am so loving your foiled creations and this is another stunning and beautiful card . Love the green & gold.

Doreen said...

Gorgeous, love the fab design.xxx

Brenda in IN said...

This foiled card is simply beautiful. I love the added strip along the right side.

Judy Woodland said...

So gorgeous. I LOVE what you do with foiling, you are a master at it. Your design is perfect, just beautiful!!

Donna Ellis said...

Such gorgeous elegance, Verna! Wish I lived nearby so I could craft with you! LOVE all the techniques and products you use - you truly have an artist's heart. THIS IS AMAZING. hugs, de

Downsouth said...

Verna, you're certainly on a roll when it comes to using foil. This one is beautiful, too, but the red one just gave me the Christmas spirit; I think it was because of the whole section of none stop red poinsettias against the white card stock. It just jumped at me!! This one is just as nice and I love the foiled holiday as a change for Christmas. Using two colors of foil was awesome. I like your idea of putting a sheet inside the card to write on, too.

Dr Sonia S V said...

Hi Verna...so glad you participated in the Rudolph Challenge ..that way I got a chance to drop by and see this amazing creation of yours. So beautifully you have made foil work for you!! Thank you so much for joining us at the Rudolph Days Challenge!
Rudolph Days Challenge DT
Dr Sonia

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...