Sunday, August 25, 2019

Blinged Up Holly Card

This afternoon I worked on a card for the Double D Challenge-Pearls, Gems or Rhinestones and used a Christmas design. I also tried out some new inks for it.


The first thing I did was take a layered weight piece of white card stock and then with sponges added colors using the new Gina K. Designs Electro Pop Neon Inks. These are a collection that her daughter Rina has out now. The colors I used were Screamin' Green, Loud Lime and Blaring Blue. I just sort of blended them all together and in the process ended up with a varied green look. This panel was then ready for me to die cut using the Taylored Expressions Holly Cutting Plate. I then added that die cut cover to a white card base.

My next step was to stamp the sentiment from the Gina K. Designs A Very Merry Christmas set which has so many wonderful large sentiments. These sentiments can also be made into Christmas ornaments but I chose to use it just as it was. I then die cut it with a Gina K. Designs Small Double Stitched circle die and before I removed the die I sponged on a bit of red lightly around the sentiment. Now I placed this on the holly design.

Finally all that was left to do was place rhinestone gems here and there for the holly berries on the card. And, yes, it took a lot of gems but I do like the way it looks.

Thanks for stopping in and I always love to read your comments. Have a great day!

God bless,
Verna

9 comments:

Vicki said...

I just had to stop by and say how much I love this card, Verna! Your creativity is amazing. Thanks for playing along with the Double D, "Pearls, Gems or Rhinestones" Challenge.

Carol L said...

This is so pretty with a great background die, wonderful traditional colors and just the right amount of bling! NJ!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I love your new bright ink and the many colorful gems for the berries. This is a fun holiday card!

Diane said...

Fabulously created 'bling' card...beautiful!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Darlene said...

OH! What a great idea Verna! Looks awesome! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Pearls, Gems or Rhinestones’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Karen Dunbrook said...

beautiful card...love that sentiment.
xx Karen

Greta said...

What a beautiful holly cover plate! I like how your blended inks turned out!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my, the names of those colors! What a fabulous and relatively easy Christmas card. Love the holly background and the red rhinestones are perfect! So good to see the in our Double D challenge, Verna!

Dandi93 said...

Love the shade variations the holly ended up with and I do love your gem berries for the challenge.... Beautiful card Verna

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...