Sunday, January 31, 2021

Sparrow Sympathy Card

I was needing some masculine type sympathy cards and so I think these images of the sparrow and the nest which are digitals from the Artsystamper Nesting Sparrow set worked very well together for a masculine card design. I did my best to align the sparrow so it looked fairly realistic standing on the branch by the nest. The sentiment used on the card is from a no longer in business Sparkle N Sprinkle set called Memory in Our Heart which is designed by Donna Ellis. It is one of my 'go to' sets for sympathy cards if I don't have a digital sympathy sentiment in a set.



I blended on some blue ink around the design to make it look like  a sky background. Once I had that done I then stamped the sentiment on the outside and also inside the card.

I hope all of you have had a wonderful weekend and self distanced so you stay well. A young man who I taught in Sunday School passed away this weekend due to the Covid. He fought so hard and he was trying to beat it so he could be there for his wife and two little girls but he just grew too tired. It is so sad but the wonderful thing is that he was a Christian so we know that he will be resting with his Lord now. 

Everyone take care. Until next time God bless, Verna

16 comments:

Ina G said...

Such a simple but perfect sympathy card Verna.
Lovely soft colouring on your bird and the blue hues just brings it to life nicely. So sad!

Dandi93 said...

Gorgeous sympathy card Verna, the sparrow is such a great choice... awesome job combining the digis...

Barbara said...

This is a handsome sympathy card for a male or anyone. I love the color of blue that you used.

Lisa Babitz said...

Beautiful sympathy card and perfect for a masculine design. You did a nice job arranging the images; the placement of the sparrow on the branch looks great. So sorry to hear about your student.

Mac Mable said...

What a pretty sympathy card with a lovely image...perfect for the sad occasion x.

Judy Woodland said...

Beautiful image for a sympathy card, and the blue background really makes the image pop. I love the clean and simple design of this card, very appropriate.

Cindy C. said...

I am sadden to hear this Verna. But your card is beautiful, and I think it will convey your love and thoughts to the family of your student.

Bonnie said...

What a peaceful scene you have created here. The blue is the perfect backdrop for that bird on a branch by its nest.

Becky said...

What a beautiful card.

Dawn S. said...

What a beautiful card. The sparrow and nest are so lovely and your addition of the blue ink makes it look like it's in the sky. So sorry to hear about your former student's death.

TK said...

Fantastic masculine card -- love the images and great "blending" of the two together!
So sorry for your friend, so terrible to lose any lives! Yes, may his family be in peace because they know where he is.

Carol L said...

This is absolutely stunning and a perfect sympathy card for gentlemen!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, how beautiful! Birds are one of my go-to's for masculine cards. You did a perfect job of lining up the bird and branch. I'm sorry about your young friend.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely bird card. My favorite with sympathy. Too bad about that young father 😞

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful and how sad. Hugs to you and I'll be sending up a prayer for his wife and children..

KT Fit Kitty said...

Such a pretty sympathy card and such a sad time for this family. It is a relief to know he was a Christian. I like how you added the blue ink behind the image, nice touch.

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...