Thursday, July 29, 2021

Baptism Card

Our little Leah will be baptized this coming Sunday so I had to make up a card for the occasion. Since I am getting around in a wheelchair I was not able to get to a lot of my crafting supplies so I had to rely mainly on digital and computer generation for this card. So it is not exactly what I had in mind but it will work and I hope as she gets older she will like the card I made for her.



The cross was a digital image a friend sent me so I used that for the card. And the praying child is a digital I got years ago from I Brake for Stamps. The verse I computer generated and made it personalized for her. I colored the images in with my Bic Mark It pens. The little flower stickers were from Jolees By You and the background digital paper is from Artsystamper Digitals. Inside the card I added this verse: I have called you by name; you are mine. Isaiah 43:1.

Well we are still working with garden goodies. I took care of green beans yesterday as far as taking the ends off and cutting into pieces but did not freeze them yet. But we did freeze more beets so I think the rest of the beets I will try to find someone who will want them. We have plenty in the freezer now. We also got some huge heads of cabbage and since we have plenty of them I will be taking one head of cabbage, some beans and some potatoes to my daughter for her family. One of my daughters got some when she visited a few days ago. And there will be more coming from the garden so since it is harder for me to work with garden things I will gift some to others. But my sweet hubby is helping with the freezing of the veggies. So I am truly blessed. I gave him the day off so he could go fishing. I hope he has a good catch.

I am going to perhaps work on more Christmas cards. I think I am in the 70's now. I did quite a few last week. And mainly am using digital images and card kits for most of them. So that is very convenient. We might have to remodel and move some things so I can get to my other supplies easier. 

Well take care and have a good rest of the week.

God bless, Verna


13 comments:

Mac Mable said...

What a thoughtful and lovely card for Leah and clearly made with love Verna x. So glad you gave DH a day off to enjoy his fishing x.

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Verna. I'm sure Leah will treasure it. Hope your DH did well on his fishing trip. xx

Patti J said...

What a lovely card, Verna! Leah will love it! Hope hubby caught some dinner! Feel better soon! Hugs…

TK said...

Sweet images, and a perfect card for a Baptism -- she is sure to adore it as she learns to appreciate the work put into it.
Take care, God bless you both, and a day off is a good thing!

Sandra H said...

Beautiful card So perfect for the occasion take care x

kiwimeskreations said...

Verna that is a beautiful card - maybe not what you may have wanted to make, but beautiful none the less.
You must have a magnificent garden - and a wonderful hubby too :)
Praying that your leg heals well
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Barbara said...

God bless little Leah and your garden and you.

Judy Inukai said...

What a sweeet card and I'm sure Leah will treasure as something her grandma made. What a garden you must have - WOW. You'll eat well all winter. Your hubby is a jewel to help and I'm sure he enjoyed his fishing trip.

Carol L said...

Your beautiful Leah will surely treasure this card in years down the road knowing you made it especially for her. I love the sentiments both outside and inside. I hope that muscle in your leg is improving and you can soon get out of the wheelchair, but I love your spirit - you push on in spite of the bumps in the road! I hope you're back on your feet in no time! Hugs

Donna Ellis said...

Such a sweet baptismal card, Verna, and so innovative of you to find some things digitally to make a quick keepsake. It's darling! Hope you are soon getting around a little better. hugs, de

Maria said...

A very sweet and special baptismal card for Leah! I’m sure it will be treasured! Sounds like you have a bountiful garden! How awesome Nd sweet of your husband to help you with it! I hope you improve soon, take care!!

Dawn S. said...

What a lovely baptism card! Such a beautiful verse you used on the inside of the card, too. I hope your husband had a good day fishing!

Greta said...

Hope your leg improves so you can get around again. Glad your hubby is helping out. Good for you giving him the day off!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...