Thursday, February 12, 2015

Sidestep Birthday Card

Now don't laugh! This is the very first sidestep card I have ever done and I know it is not the best but for a first try I was pretty happy with it. For some reason it took me a long time as I was not even sure how to do the folding of it. And, then it involved a lot of measuring to be sure it went into an A2 size envelope when it was folded up.


The only stamped image used on it is the bunch of balloons from Stampendous. I colored them with my Copics.

I computer generated the Happy Birthday sentiment on white card stock. I then layered it on the Jelly Bean Green card stock from Gina K. Designs.

 I used pattern papers from Gina K. Designs for the cup cake liner. Then I made frosting by cutting a circle with a punch and cutting it in half with a decorative scissors.  I added sprinkles with the Copic markers to decorate the cupcake. The last thing for the cupcake decor was to add a candle cut from card stock and decorative paper. This cupcake was then layered to Gina K. Designs Bubble Gum Pink card stock and again layered onto the Jelly Bean Green before adding it to the card base.

The bottom of the card also has some of the orange striped pattern paper.

I am entering this in the Mod Squad Blog Challenge for this week. The challenge this week is to make a pop up card and I think this will qualify.

Thanks for looking and I so appreciate your comments too. Have a great weekend and a wonderful Valentine's Day too!

God bless,
Verna

15 comments:

Unknown said...

You did a great job on this! The cutting and folding is tricky if you've never done it before. I love the colors you chose; it's such a cheery card! Well done!

Kathy Krug said...

You are too hard on yourself. You did a great job and I love this card. It says, "You are special, and I want to celebrate your special day" .

Barbara said...

What do you mean, not very good? This is fabulous! A wonderful and amazingly done card.

Karen Dunbrook said...

too cute....I have never made one of these but love the look!

Judy Woodland said...

You are brave to try this type of card, and you did it beautifully. I think it's just adorable! Great take on the challenge!!

Joyce Erb said...

You did great and I am so glad you made it. I love step cards and yes it does pop up:-) Thanks for joining us at the Mod Squad Challenge.

Nancy said...

You did awesome...we would not laugh at you! You are to hard on yourself....at least you had the gumption to try it...unlike me!

Unknown said...

Love it. Cute and bright. Some child is going to be extremely happy when they get that.

Donna Ellis said...

So sweet! Love your cupcake, but also the type of fold with all the pretties attached! hugs, de

CardsbyMarianne.blogspt.com said...

Verna I think you did an awesome job! I have yet to try making one like this as well.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I think it looks great! Happy Valentine's day!

Peanut said...

Oh what a fun card! The side step feature is perfect for these stamps.
hugs, Asha

Dawn S. said...

I think you did a great job with this card! Anyone would be glad to receive this.

Unknown said...

Oh I think it came out awesome! Love the colors you used and the fun images!

Unknown said...

You are definitely too hard on yourself. This card is adorable. I was a bit intimidated when I made my first side step card too, but it's lots of fun, don't you think?

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...