Thursday, September 17, 2015

Carnation Thank You

Today I worked with a flower set from Kitchen Sink Stamps called Multi Step Carnations. Carnations are one of my favorite flowers and were the ones I chose to carry in a bouquet at our wedding. I had red and white ones but for this card I did a pink/red combination. I am entering this card in the Mod Squad Blog challenge for this week in which we are to use flowers for the focal image.


I stamped my carnations and sentiment with Gina K. Design inks first on white card stock and then took one of the dies from the Spellbinder Opulent Opals set and cut them out. I then placed these onto a pink oval I also cut out from the same Spellbinder set. I added them to a red card stock panel and then onto my white card base. The final step was to add pink corner elements from Cheery Lynn Designs.

I really like how the corner elements really dressed up this card and framed the carnations so well. I think they really show that they are the focal image on the card this way.

Kitchen Sink Stamps used:
Multi Step Carnations LRGC 045
Simple Sentiments MINI 006

Dies used:
Spellbinder Opulent Ovals S5-160
Cheery Lynn Designs B162 Lace Corner Deco B

My goodness! I am so grateful to have made another card this week. The weeks before the wedding were pretty much scarce for me in card making so it feels like I am making up for lost time this week. I am having fun and having the garden slow down a bit is helping as well.

Thanks for stopping in and for the lovely comments.

God bless,
Verna

6 comments:

Kathy Krug said...

Beautiful, Verna, I love the colors, dies you used to frame the flower, and fabulous carnation stamp. Thanks so much for playing along in the Mod Squad Challenge Blog.

Lynn McAuley said...

Gorgeous framing of your pretty pink carnations! What a wonderful design for the Mod Squad Challenge!

Donna Ellis said...

oooooh! This is so pretty, Verna! Love what you did with the corners, and the carnations are gorgeous! this would be a good card to submit to the Scrapy Land Challenge! hugs, de

Carolyn said...

Verna, this card and also the poppy card are exceptional. You do a great job with your coloring and use of die cuts.

Peanut said...

Gosh....so pretty. The intricate die cut is amazing.
hugs Asha

Unknown said...

Another beauty, Verna!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...