Friday, October 23, 2015

Flip Flop

Today's card is one I started on last night when I saw the email from the Mod Squad Challenge Blog which stated the challenge for this week. I am telling you this is a CHALLENGE but I hope I managed to pull it off by using a heart image and making it into a line of evergreen trees and using them in a scene. All stamps used are from Kitchen Sink Stamps too.


Besides using the stamps I also found these cute little snowmen yesterday when in town which are from Jolee's. I thought they would be a cute snow couple to dress up my card. I also used white pigment ink and added that to the snowy portion and then added some white embossing powder from Sparkle N Sprinkle which had some glitter with it. So my snow sparkles in person but not sure you can see it on the photo.

The sky was sponged in with a light blue dye ink and all other stamped images and sentiments were done with dye ink as well.

Stamps sets from Kitchen Sink Stamps used are:
Multi Step "Sweetheart Roses" MINI 011
Multi Step "Tree Friends" MINI 020
Greetings From The Woods SMC 041

Well, since I am into Christmas and winter designs I had to make it in that theme. I think it turned out quite well myself. No snow here but we are getting much needed rain, so that is good.

Hope your day is going well!

God bless,
Verna

9 comments:

Barbara said...

So cute. Love your tree line made of hearts. Cute snow couple too.

Joyce Erb said...

You are too funny! Clever use of he hearts. I see you got your new shiny Mod Squad Top 3 badge added:-)

Rushd Lady said...

We wondered if you were one of the state that got snow this last weekend. Guess not. Interesting use of the heart to make an evergreen tree. Thank you for commenting on my gratitude blog yesterday. Joshua's back was sore today, but David was feeling his old self again. Have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

VERY clever I just adore your heart tree lined, so smart of you! Super cute card!

Nancy said...

Love your heart trees! I think you did and amazing job pulling off this challenge!

Peanut said...

How adorable...and the row of hearts as trees - that's pure genius, Verna!
hugs, Asha

Lynn McAuley said...

What an adorable holiday card with your heart forest backing these cute snowmen! Delightful work with these KSS images!

Judy Woodland said...

How clever to make hearts into trees!!! I love all your elements here, from the cute snowmen to the birds flying above the trees. Great take on the challenge, thanks for playing along at Mod Squad this week!!!

Kathy Krug said...

This is so cute. Love your little heart trees and the scene you created.

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...