Sunday, October 18, 2015

Ho Ho Ho!

One has to use Santa in a Christmas card too I think. Santa was just stamped on white card stock with Gina K. Designs Cranberry Tart dye ink and then layered onto Cranberry Tart card stock before I added it to a die cut frame.

To make the frame I took some silver plain pipe repair tape to see if it would work as well as the Duck tape I used for my last blog post. Well, here is the low down on that. It does not work as well as it is a heavier tape. I placed three strips of it onto a card stock panel so that I would have a large enough surface to die cut the frame. I took some Tim Holtz Mushroom Alcohol Ink and rubbed it all over the surface to give it an old vintage look to the metallic surface.

Now normally when you die cut the frame all the pieces fall out or are cut through. Well, luckily all that cut this time was just the outside edges, except for three pieces which fell out. I decided I liked the look even better this way as it was more of an embossed look. So I simply glued in the three pieces that fell out and used it that way on my card base of Cranberry Tart.


A very clean and simple design but I really am pleased with the way it turned out. I added a piece of white card stock inside to have a surface to stamp an inside verse and write a message.

The Santa is from Stampitcrazy,net. It is a nicely etched Santa and instead of coloring it in I simply stamped it in the Cranberry Tart ink. If you are looking for vintage style Santas she has several to choose from.

The only die  used was the Cheery Lynn Japanese Lace & Flourish Frame DL137. I am going to enter this in this week's Cheery Lynn Designs challenge which calls for a vintage theme.

Well, it is a beautiful Sunday here with lots of sunshine and wind.  Many leaves are falling off now and the colors of Autumn are wonderful too.

I hope you are having a great day and thanks for stopping by and commenting. I appreciate every one of them.

God bless,
Verna

19 comments:

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

Beautifully done! Love your vintage themed card! Thanks for joining us this week with cheery Lynn designs!

Unknown said...

That's an awesome Santa stamp, love how it takes up the whole space, it's large and lovely! Great background die too! Ho Ho Ho!

Donna Ellis said...

what a jolly, peaceful Santa, Verna! very sweet card, and beautifully layered! hugs, de

Kathy Krug said...

Awesome stamp and I love that you are trying new material and giving us the results. You are making some real beauties.

Ina G said...

What a beautiful Santa Claus image Verna. Love how you did the background. Looks fabulous together.

Karen Dunbrook said...

love this...what a gorgeous image and the silver border adds such a touch of elegance to your card mf.
got to remember to try the tape trick.
Have a great wk.
hugs,
K

Barbara said...

Beautiful vintage card. A great job!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Such a classy Santa!

Bonnie Garby said...

Beautiful card Verna and you're right, it is a great look with the little pieces still in. It gives it am embossed look. Great discovery!!! Thanks so much for participating in the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge this week and good luck.

Judy Woodland said...

I love that Santa image. So vintage-y!! And yes, sometimes it's nice to keep all the "inneys" in. Love this card, very CAS, but oh, so nice!!!

Juliz Design Post said...

What a clever idea Verna for your frame and so very effective. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck.
Julie x

Joyce Erb said...

That Santa is perfect not colored and very vintage looking. I like the goofed up background too LOL. Happy oops:-)

Peanut said...

Absolutely stunning, Verna! Beautiful tone on tone card and the frame is lovely!
hugs, Asha

Rushd Lady said...

What's that old crafty saying -- there are no mistakes, only crafting opportunities! I think you made the most of your opportunity and made a wonderful old-fashioned charming Christmas card! Like it!

Unknown said...

What a cool idea Verna. Love the finished product.

Amy Voorthuis said...

Oh I really love this card WOW that pretty picture of handsome Santa look at those amazing glasses hihihi.
Amazing card love it! Thank you so much for playing along in our challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and I wish you the best of luck! Have a wonderful day hugs Amy xox

Debbie's Time Out said...

Beautiful Christmas card. I like the way your frame turned out to look embossed. Thanks for joining the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge. Best of luck to you

Nancy said...

Really adore this card Verna!!!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...