Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Grateful Wreath

Welcome to November. Today I got back into the Autumn season and took the wreath die that was meant for Halloween and used it as a card of thanks. This would also be a wonderful way to make a Thanksgiving card too. I hope you like my simple design.


My card base is of Gina K. Designs Ivory and I die cut the wreath out of Gina K. Designs Dark Chocolate card stock. My leaves were die cut from a sheet of Ivory that I added various shades of ink to make my leaves look more the colors of Autumn.

I glued the wreath onto the base card with a 2-way glue pen and then did the same with all the leaves that I had die cut. Inside the wreath I stamped the sentiment. And on the bottom I added a chiffon brown ribbon with a double loop bow.

This panel was added to some Gina K. Design orange two-toned striped pattern paper before it was added to the main card. I also took a white gel pen and added a bit of coloring to the bird to make him look a bit more realistic.


Cheery Lynn Dies used:
Happy Halloween Twiggy Wreath B469
Flourish Leaf Strip B178

Stamp set used:
Joy Clair CLR-01009 Hello Autumn

My bow was made using the Craft-Dee BowZ bow maker. The sentiment was added with Gina K. Design Warm Cocoa dye ink.

I am entering this in the following challenges:
Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge #241-Thank You Theme
Dies R Us Challenge-Thankful for Nature (Thank You or Nature Based)

I hope you had a great Halloween experience. Ours was quiet with no trick or treaters at all. But we watched some cool things on TV and still got the spooky experience. Thanks for stopping by and for the wonderful comments too.

God bless,
Verna


12 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is a lovely project. I love your wreath with all the pretty blended fall colors and the little bird perched at the bottom!

Darlene said...

I'm so excited that you combined the Thankful AND Nature into your creation ... and it's BEAUTIFUL!!! Awesome job Verna! Always nice to have you playing along in our challenges! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Thankful for Nature’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

Shari Winterstein said...

Beautiful card Verna! As always!!!!! Thanks for blessing my day.

Kathy Krug said...

Love this, Verna. You made me add two items to my wish list. Fabulous design.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Your gratitude wreath is gorgeous! Beautiful fall colours, and I love the little bird and gorgeous bow!

kittykat3308 said...

This card is beautiful

Kathleen

Barbara said...

Beautiful idea to combine two dies and you got a marvelous card.

Barbara said...

Stunning card - beautiful wreath with shaded leaves! Thank you for playing along with us in the DIES R US challenge!
Barbara
Dies R Us Challenge Blog DT
http://carterie-creative.blogspot.fr

Jenny Alia said...

Lovely fall card! Thanks so much for joining the Thank You Challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck in the draw!

Bonnie Garby said...

Beautiful card Verna! I love how you added the colorful leaf flourish dies over the twiggy wreath. Thanks so much for participating in the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge this week and good luck.

Cheryl Walker said...

awwww your card is absolutely Beautiful! LOVE the wreath with the leaves, gorgeous!!!Thank you for joining us at Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge! Hugs
Cheryl

Ginny @ Polly's Paper Studio said...

This is a lovely card and a great addition to our challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at Cheery Lynn Designs. Hugs from Ginny at Polly's Paper Studio

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...