Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Heinz 57 Mutt Christmas Card

As many of you may tell, I have fallen in love with a little dog die and have been using it a lot on my cards for Christmas. This is another version using that dog as well as some stamps and other dies to create a fun card design.


My basic card is made of light blue card stock. And, on that base is what I built my little scene. The tree is a stamped one from Heartfelt Creations and it was also die cut using a Heartfelt Creations die. That was placed in the background.

Next I added some die cut gifts beneath the tree and then the dog die was added. As you can tell my dog die is a mutt style as he has different colors to make him look more like a Heinz breed. That is mostly what kind of dogs we have owned so that was why I did him that way. I also placed a gift in front of the mutt too.

The last steps were to add my die cut sentiment using red glitter paper, a star and some red rhinestones to the tree for ornaments. I also added a rhinestone collar to the mutt.

Cheery Lynn Dies used:
Funny Dog Die; Whimsical Christmas; and Merry Christmas Set

Heartfelt Creations Products:
Frolicking Frosty and Spruce Die; Snow Kissed Spruce stamp set

Fri-Die by CAS-UAL Fridays: Funky Flakes (star)

Other products:
Scor-Tape
Scor Pal
Glitter Paper-Stampin' UP!
2-Way Glue Pen
Blue, white, black and brown card stock-Gina K. Designs
Rhinestones-Unknown

This card will be entered in the following challenges:
Crop Stop Linky Party #22-Anything Goes
Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge #243-Sparkle and Shine
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge-Christmas To Die For

Thanks for looking and for all your wonderful comments. I read each and everyone and so appreciate them.

God bless,
Verna

12 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Cute dog [he made me smile] great tree too with the "snow"

Unknown said...

Well he is just the cutest! Plus he's already trained! ;) I love that tree too very merry, very festive!

Liz said...

A lovely scene. The little dog is so cute. 😊 xx

Judy Woodland said...

Oh my gosh, this makes me smile all over my face. What an adorable card, love the colors you have used and all those die cuts, oh my!! So stinkin' CUTE!!!

laurie said...

What another great idea for the dog! I love the brown and black, and the presents by the tree!

I have to start baking too...are you going to share the recipes for the things you plan to make on your blog?

Joyce Erb said...

Really fun fun card!

Teresa Kline said...

hello! fun card, the tree and gifts are so whimsical and sweet! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Virginia L. said...

What a CUTE scene, Verna! Way to use the glitter paper! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Awesome details and design! Super work!

Nancy said...

Love this one too! Love the sparkly sentiment!

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is so cute, Verna! I love your little dog die too! The sparkly sentiment looks fabulous! Adorable card!

Jenny Alia said...

This is adorable! Love how the dog is spotted. Thanks so much for joining in the Sparkle and Shine Challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck in the draw!

Juliz Design Post said...

Oh Verna this is so cute. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck.
Julie x

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...