Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Shower Shaker

I was in need of a shower card for a young lady who is getting married soon. I struggled with this type of card until I found this cute designer paper and decided that it would work well for my card and could in fact, work for either a bridal shower or a baby shower. And, I also found some sentiments that worked great with it too. Inside I added a cut out portion of the pattern paper and another sentiment from the Enjoy the Sunshine Kit.


The pattern paper is from the Gina K. Designs Spring Parade pack. And the sentiments are from the Gina K. Designs Enjoy The Sunshine Kit. I stamped the sentiment inside the shaker which was framed with a cutting of several layers of  MFT Die-namics Single Stitch Line Circle Frame dies. Inside the shaker I added various elements from my Mom's stash of confetti designs.

As I mentioned before I had no sequin mixes for shakers so I resorted to checking into my box of goodies I inherited. But I will soon be having proper shaker elements to use in my cards as I finally placed an order for some sequin mixes.

Also required for the bridal shower was for each person to include a recipe. So I even decorated my recipe card using a stamp from Embossing Arts in the corner and along the top I added a swirly designed stamp from Gina K. Designs.


Along with the recipe card and card will be a gift of money for the bride-to-be to spend anyway she wishes.

Well, today we are cloudy and having a few showers of rain. It is still a fairly warm temperature but since it is windy it doesn't feel that way. So I am staying inside and might work on a card or two as well. I hope your day is going great and thanks for the visit and lovely comments.

God bless,
Verna

16 comments:

Sheri Gilson said...

Super sweet shower card, Verna! Love how you created a shaker!

Lisa said...

This is soooo sweet! And I love the shaker elements you put together! Very very cool and perfect for this card... and I'll be back for that recipe...lol! I think I'll try the rhubarb option!

Carol L said...

It was such a clever idea to use that adorable paper for your shower card! Love all those boots and umbrellas and the shaker looks adorable! Great recipe card too!

Diane said...

What a cute cute shaker card and I LOVE that adorable paper..a darling card for a shower!!

Barbara said...

Here we start the season of the shower cards and wedding cards. This one is perfect for a shower card and so cute. Love that you made it a shaker card. Also, a quick and I am sure, delicious recipe for apple crisp. Cute.

Karen Dunbrook said...

sweet card..like how you decorated the recipe card too. Love apple crisp.
xx Karen

Shona Erlenborn said...

What a fun shaker card and your right - it could go for baby or wedding! Lovely and cheery on a drizzly day here too. That apple crisp sounds yummy too!

Brenda in IN said...

Darling card and I love how you improvised for sequins. They look so cute. That paper is perfect for a shower card. The recipe sounds delicious. About how many apples does it take to cover the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan?

Judy Woodland said...

Oh my gosh, I simply ADORE that patterned paper. It's so stinkin' cute, and perfect for a shower card. The shaker bits are perfect too, you will make the bride-to-be smile. Thanks for the recipe too. I use the same ingredients in my apple crisp, but I have never heard of using a whole cup of oil in the mixture. I will have to try that.

Donna Phelan said...

So cute! So happy! I adore that it is a Shaker card--one of my most favorites!

Vicki Dutcher said...

So adorable with that fun bg paper!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Your shower card is so cute! I love that it's a shaker! So fun! Your recipe looks yummy!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Awww, this is so adorable! She is going to love it! Rhubarb crisp - one of my favorites. Can't wait for my rhubarb to grow big enough to be harvested...I just hope the deer won't get to it, before me... that happened last year... :(

Leslie Miller said...

That's the cutest shower card, Verna! Adorable paper you found and another fun shaker! Love that you're loving these shakers! The confetti inside is a perfect match, and very happy and giggly. Great idea to have everyone make a recipe card. The bride to be must like to cook. If so, she'll appreciate these! Yours is sure decorated up cute!

Donna Ellis said...

Verna, you are beyond thoughtful to bring such meaningful shares for the new couple. Your shaker card is pure delight and beautifully done! XXOO

Dandi93 said...

Cute card Verna... I really love shakers..... Super cute dp

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...