Friday, April 20, 2018

Square Birthday Card

I wanted to enter a card into the Mod Squad Challenge which calls for a birthday theme but the extra rule is that you have to add a balloon to the design. I decided since I had my wreath builder template out I would try to do a card using that method and I ended  up with a very different look then I had anticipated but it is gradually growing on me.


I used images from the Gina K. Designs Scooter Diva set for the balloon and presents. And, the circle frame and the sentiment is from the Wreath Builder stamp set. I die cut the circle frame and the orange layer with Gina K. Designs small and large stitched dies. I colored the balloons and gifts designs with Bic Mark-It pens.

I got this birthday card done yesterday evening and then later on I read a message where we were invited to attend a birthday party for a cousin of Arlin's. So this will be a card for that occasion.

Well, I hope you are having a happy Friday. The weekend arrives too soon each week. And, my Friday will be spent getting ready for company that is arriving Saturday morning. I thank all of you for your visits and comments and I hope your weekend is a great one.

God bless,
Verna

18 comments:

Liz said...

Super card, Verna. Great design and I love the bright colours. xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

So fun! I love the color combo you used

Carol L said...

festive and fun with those presents and balloons! Great job!

Greta said...

Unique & very cute!

Barbara said...

The first thing I noticed was the bright color combination that you used on this fun card. Then I saw the balloons! Great design and you have a card for that birthday you are going to. Just got back from Florida, should have stayed a little longer. Still, have to get my rat room back to working order. That means I need to do some cleaning. Have a good weekend.

Diane said...

Love this Verna, so creative and perfectly stamped...the colors are so happy too!! I just made a 5 1/2" square card, it won't 'debut' until June though, but it was fun! Enjoy your company and have a great weekend...I am headed to my Mom's to clean...ugh!

Brenda in IN said...

Wow, great job with the wreath builder and what a fun card you made. Those bright colors make it so happy and cheerful and it is a great birthday card. What perfect timing for using the card!

Judy Woodland said...

LOVE how you have used that Wreath Builder in such a unique way. I also love your bright colors! Really, really pretty. And the bonus is that you have a person to give this card to. Win/win!!

Patti said...

Great card!! your cousin-in-law is going to love it!! : )

Have fun with your company! and stay warm!


Sheri Gilson said...

What a FUN birthday card! Love how you used the Wreath Builder to create it!

Christina said...

Oh my! What a beautiful design layout Verna! Love the bright colors of the Bic Mark-It pens and that fancy sentiment is beautiful! The recipient is going to love this card! May you have a beautiful and blessed week ahead Verna. Hugs.

laurie said...

This is such a fun card! Looks like it was fun to make too!

Donna Phelan said...

Oh it's FUN! Perfect celebration card, great coloring too!

Karen Dunbrook said...

such a fun card.
xx Karen

MaryH said...

YOu are so good at thinking out of the 'box' with using your stamps. This is a clever design, and bright with color. I like it, and your recipient will too! Excellent use of the wreath builder set and what a cute way to get the balloon imagery in your design. TFS & Hugs.

LeeAnn McKinney said...

Very cute, thank you for playing along with my Birthday Card Challenge using Balloons! LeeAnn @ Modsquadchallenge.com

Lisa said...

THIS is so much fun!! I love that you used the wreath builder with the fun birthday theme! Very cool!

Leslie Miller said...

I LOVE the way this turned out! You're doing the most fun things with your wreath builder set. Perfect use of these small stamps. I have the wreath builder on my wish list and you keep making me want to move it closer to the top. Great card, Verna!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...