Friday, October 19, 2018

Fall Cup to Go

Last night I had to sit down and make a card for the Mod Squad Challenge which is to make Fall  Beverage cards. I, of course, went to a coffee themed one.


I had this unused stamp set from Unity Stamp Company called Fall to Go which worked in perfectly for the challenge theme. I stamped it on ivory card stock and then colored it with Copics. This panel was die cut with an Unbranded die. I also added some ribbons from Really Reasonable Ribbons in the right top and bottom corners. And, then this panel was placed onto a black layer before adding it to the ivory card base. And I really like that wonderful sentiment that came with the set too!

* * * * * * * 
Also on a more personal note I am sharing the card I made for my hubby for our 49th wedding anniversary which is today. It is not an elaborate design but it did take me a while to do it. And again for this card I used the Picket Fence Studios stencils and the Life Changing Blending Brushes to make the background. The sentiment was stamped onto that design and the I popped up the two cacti images. All the stamps and dies for this card are from the Gina K. Designs.Stuck On You bundle.


I don't think we will be doing anything special as both of  us have bad colds at the moment and it is probably best we not go out in public and spread it around. If we do get anything it will be most likely a carry out meal. We both are sneezing, coughing, blowing our nose and having weeping eyes together in unison. And all that going on is not like a pleasant sounding orchestral performance. I don't think any restaurant would like us being there. LOL We are gradually getting better but it is something that takes time to get over  and I don't take any cold meds as sometimes I think that prolongs the bug even more. At least we don't have any fever so that is good.

Well, I  best get on with my day here. I wish all of you a most wonderful weekend. I think I am going to take a break from card making and maybe see if there are some good movies to watch. I also have some reading that needs to be done as well so there are things to keep me occupied. Oh, and yes, housework is always there but who likes to do that? Not me, that is for sure! LOL

Thanks for the visit and lovely comments.

God bless,
Verna

13 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Gosh, I love both of these cards! The coffee cup is so cute, and nice to be able to use the ribbon on an easy to mail card. Your anniversary card really wows me! Fabulous stenciled background in beautiful colors, fun sentiment and images. Happy anniversary! I hope you both feel more like celebrating soon.

Brenda in IN said...

I love that fall coffee cup. The circles are so pretty overlapped like that. Beautiful colors on them and a cute verse. Happy anniversary. I hope your colds are about done now and you are getting back 100%. This is the time of year for them.

MaryH said...

Splendid work on the punkin coffee cup. That is adorable. Also loved those sponged bright circles on the anniversary card. Happy Happy on that by the way. Quite a milestone to be proud of - but so sorry both of you are down with colds. That's not fun...but after all these anniversaries, you can always postpone any special celebrations for when you both feel up to it. Take out gets my vote, as I doubt you feel like making something to eat!!! Take care, and hope you are both on the mend real soon. (and speaking as somebody who has respiratory problems, I applaud your keeping your colds at home and not exposing the public. Wish more people were so considerate! Hugs) TFS

Donna Ellis said...

Darling beverage card, Verna! Happy Anniversary! May you enjoy many more happy years together. Love the background you achieved . I’ve never seen any thing like it! Feel better soon. Wishing you a lovely weekend! Hugs, de

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope that you are on the upswing and maybe can celebrate later on.

Lovely cards you made, though! I like both of them.

Joyce Erb said...

The ribbon is a perfect acent to highlight the adorable cup! Love the anniversary card too, CONGRATS! Hope you both are feeling better

Vicki Dutcher said...

Your Fall coffee cup is fabulous! Happy anniversary too :)

Shona Erlenborn said...

Great cards Verna! Love the way you fitted the fall pumpkins into the coffee cup - very clever! Your anniversary card is super - It reminds me of school with those overlapping circles. The cacti stamps are so fun!!

Mac Mable said...

Happy Belated 49 years of marriage to you and your husband. Sorry you have the sniffles and cannot go out to celebrate but so long as you are together then I don't think it matters where you are.....Hope you don't get too poorly and recover quickly.
What a fabulous coffee card and do so love the image on the cup and yes the sentiment is lovely x.
The stencilling on your wonderful anniversary card looks fabulous Verna and such a perfect sentiment and loving the fun cacti's x.
Enjoy your reading and movie catch up and hold the housework!.
Sending love and hugs and belated wishes on your very special occasion x.

Patti said...

WOW! Congratulations!! on 49 years with your husband Verna!! What an incredible blessing you are to him and your whole family I KNOW!! The card you made for him is so adorable!! I bet he just loved it. : )

I am very very sad to hear you've been under the weather! I am praying for you now!! and sending hugs!

Patti

Carol L said...

I really like that pumpkin coffee cup and the matching sentiment! The ribbons look so great too with their fall colors. LOVE the anniversary card, it's beyond cute and congrats on 49 years together! Hoping you feel better soon and kick that nasty cold to the curb :)

Greta said...

Happy Anniversary & hope you're both soon feeling good enough to celebrate! The card you made for hubby is so cute--bet he loved it! I really love the coffee card--beautiful & wonderful sentiment!

Dandi93 said...

Great coffee card and I love how you used the ribbon. Love your anniversary card... adorable.. Love the sentiment. Happy Anniversary Verna to you and your husband.

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...