Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Rose Blooms and Coffee

Today I used the Stamplorations Rose Blooms and Coffee digi along with another flower and sentiment from  the Stamplorations The Birds and The Blooms clear stamp set to make a card for the Stamplorations March Theme and Sketch challenge. The digi was offered free a few days ago so I grabbed it up right away.




I did a loose interpretation of the sketch and colored all of it with Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol. I also sponged on some light blue around the design and then finished the card off by adding some black glittery sequins.

We are in a heat wave. We reached 20 degrees above zero last time I looked. The hubby is enjoying the warmer weather. I am still staying inside though. LOL

Thanks for coming by and have a great evening.

God bless,
Verna

14 comments:

Carol L said...

The digi is beautifully colored and your card is a great design as well! I'm staying indoors too, as our heat wave tomorrow will be in the teens! Brrrrr! Stay warm!

Leslie Miller said...

They do offer some nice freebies at Stamplorations. This is beautiful, Verna! I like how you positioned it on your card with the border. Enjoy your balmy weather! It got down to 32 here a couple of nights ago and I thought THAT was cold!

Rosy Newlun said...

Your card is full of color! Love the combination! Sounds like a heat wave there :D I'm sure the bulbs should be popping up any day now. Thank you for the spring beauty!!!

Judy Woodland said...

How pretty. LOVE your coloring, makes me want to break out my watercolors or markers. Love your design too. Fabulous card!!!

Brenda in IN said...

Pretty image and great coloring. We are suppose to get up to 21 degrees today too. It is just brutal with the cold and then the wind. I had to be out both Mon. and Tues. and I am in today. Will warm up for the weekend.

Anonymous said...

Makes for a cute card Verna. .Like the colours used.

Shona Erlenborn said...

Lovely Spring card! Love the corner blossom reaching up to the arrangement and your glittery sequins. Hang in there - Spring is on the way!

Greta said...

Beautiful coloring of that lovely image!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great use of this freebie! A very cherrful card.

Mac Mable said...

Wow to your beautiful card, so wonderfully coloured and what a fabulous free digi and Wow to those temperatures x.

Lisa Babitz said...

So pretty! You colored this image beautifully.

Lisa said...

Heat wave???? lol! That's funny.. and Beautiful card! I grabbed that one too but haven't had a chance to use it yet. Thanks for the inspiration!

Dandi93 said...

Lovely card Verna, I to grabbed this as fast as I could... I have yet to print it up but I'm sure it will be soon.. It is perfect for spring colors

LauraJane:) said...

LOVE how you added the single bloom in the lower corner! Thanks for playing at the THEME and SKETCH challenge at STAMPlorations!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...