Tuesday, December 3, 2019

For My Grandson

Just wanted to share a card I made for my grandson's 19th birthday. He was so happy to get it too and said he was going to post it on his billboard in his dorm room. That made me feel good as I could tell he loved it. But lo and behold when I searched for the photo I was sure I took it was no where to be found on my computer. So I emailed my grandson and asked him to email me a photo of it so that I could share it with all of you. He was a sweetie and obliged his old grandma.


I had purchased what I thought was a smaller Vikings stencil but when it arrived in the mail it was in fact a 12 x 12 one and pretty much suitable for a scrap page. But I used a portion of the stenciled Viking and used that on my card. I also happened to have some Vikings pattern paper so I used that with the card too. Inside the card I added a Happy Birthday greeting and a written message.

Thanks for visiting and for the wonderful comments you leave me. I so appreciate each and every one of them

God bless,
Verna

13 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Nicely done, such a sweet grandma you are!!

Barbara said...

It sounds like you were able to make a Vikings fan happy. Way to go Verna!

Carol L said...

No wonder he loved it so much! What a great card for a Vikings fan!

Lisa Babitz said...

You did a great job adapting the large stamp to fit this card. It came out great!

Inkyfingers said...

No wonder your grandson loved this one Verna and I can see why he pinned it up to show his friends what a cool Grandma he has!
Hugs
Carol x

Shona Erlenborn said...

What a cool Grandma! You did a great job with it, Verna! Well done!

TK said...

Great use of such a large stencil. your card is great! And super kudos for making a card that thrills a young man, even if he is a relative :o)

Leslie Miller said...

He loves his Grandma! The paper with the stencil makes an amazing card! It worked out very nicely just using a portion of the stencil. Fantastic, Verna!

kiwimeskreations said...

A great masculine card Verna - and so glad you were able to share it thanks to your grandson's photo of it :)
Blessings
Maxine

KT Fit Kitty said...

It's tough to make masculine cards, but you did great, Verna! How rewarding that he loved it so much! My nephew just looks for the money inside and if there isn't any, well, he's not interested.

Greta said...

Oh wow--of course he loved it! Bet a lot of Viking fans would love this on their wall!

Dandi93 said...

Very cool Verna... I'm sure your grandson was extremely happy with his card.. so glad he was able to help out with the photo as well

Lisa said...

How cool this is and I love that he loved it and was willing to send you a pic... what a good boy!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...