Friday, July 17, 2020

Tartan Plaid

With the internet function in short supply at our home I have managed to do several cards. In fact, I have over 75 Christmas cards done now. So I am in good shape that way. But this card I am sharing with you is one I made using a new NBUS stamp set from Altenew called Tartan. It is a multi-layering set. I also added a flower and butterfly from an older Altenew set called Wild Hibiscus which were just stamped with black ink onto white card stock and added. I did not add a sentiment but will when I finally decide for what occasion this card will be. Notice that little black dot on the card. There must have been a speck on the stamp I did not see after cleaning it and so no doubt my sentiment will go in that area. It will be an easy fix!


I love how this looks. I think it will be among my favorites I have ever made. One nice thing about making one's own plaid background is that you can make it any colors you wish.

Well, have a great weekend everyone. I hope all are well too.

God bless,
Verna

16 comments:

Sandra H said...

So lovely isyour card l do like to see a little tartan and love the butterflies x

Vicki Dutcher said...

Quite fabulous! I see why you are happy with it 😀

Judy Woodland said...

You sure did that stamp set justice. I have it and have only used it briefly to try it out. You make me want to get it out again. Thanks for the inspiration, I love your card!

TK said...

Lovely plaid, and your b&w images are perfectly highlighted by it. Fun colors on this one, Verna

Hetty said...

Wow, beautiful background. The butterflies did not need any color, how daring to leave them black and white.
Great card,Verna.

kiwimeskreations said...

A stunning card Verna - and love how you have coloured it, and the black and white flowers are the perfect and bold accents
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Barbara said...

This is fabulous and I love the tartan plaid. I love our new stamp. Your second card is also amazing and I love the different look and how you used it.

Lisa Babitz said...

Your black and white butterfly and flower images really pop against your beautiful plaid background. Love the colors you chose. Sorry to hear your internet problems are continuing; hopefully your new service will do the trick.

Dawn S. said...

I love your tartan background! You did a great job lining it up. Yes, sentiments and embellishments cover a lot of spots and smudges!

Doreen said...

Love the tartan,this is just gorgeous.xxx

Diane said...

OMGosh I LOVE this!! The light blue looks just like denim, I think I need this stamp but while gone and not much to do at times I have been an ordering fool lol!!

Jeanne H said...

Love, love your plaid card, great colors too. Wonderful that you made the paid yourself. Well done! Good luck with the new internet service. Hope it goes well.

Bunny said...

The tartan plaid is absolutely lovely. The colors are perfect. [Bunny]

Leslie Miller said...

That set makes an amazing Tartan plaid! Love the colors you chose for it. That little black dot is hardly noticeable. I'm dumbfounded at how many Christmas cards you have done! I need to get busy with that. I have some, but not nearly enough.

Lisa said...

This is awesome! The plaid background is beautiful... love the colors you chose!

Carol L said...

That's a really pretty plaid design! Gorgeous!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...