Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Easter Lily

I finished up my cards which I will be sending out to the shut-ins for Easter. It seems Easter is not very far away and I wanted them to have their cards before that day. And many like to display them to add a bit of decoration to their living quarters.


For this particular card I created a background paper using a small triplet of solid dots image from Sparkle & Sprinkle for my handmade pattern paper. I stamped them in the darker shade of green and then stamped them again so that it looks like different shades of green. I also added a white speck with a gel pen to each so that they might have a little more detail in the pattern paper design. The lily is one of Michael Strong's and I received this image as a prize from a good friend of mine. It worked perfectly for this card. I colored in the leaves with Copic markers and for the white lily just added a light blue shadow to make them more pronounced.  The sentiment is from Stampitcrazy.net.

I am adding this card to the Mod Squad Blog Challenge for this week. We were to use at least three shades of spring colors so mine will be the two shades of green, white and the blue. I also added some yellow to the center of the lily. Another part of the challenge was to make one's own pattern paper.

Thanks for checking out my posts. I always love to have you visit.

God bless, Verna

6 comments:

Janet G. said...

What a pretty card, Verna. I really like the way you made the background paper, and the large lily is just perfect as the focal point. I like your colour choices too.

Donna Ellis said...

WOW! This is striking, isn't it, Verna? Love your hand-created background paper and the beautifully shaded lily! Beautiful card, ma'am! xo

Olga Moore said...

Verna, I love the background that you created. It goes so well with that gorgeous lily that you colored. Truly a very lovely Easter card!

Joyce Erb said...

That reminds me...I haven't used that stamp in a long time and I love it! Great card

Barbara said...

Love the BG that you created on this card. It is so striking!

Peanut said...

Pretty, so pretty! The lily is so perfect for the occasion. I wish you a Blessed Easter too, Verna.
hugs, Asha

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...