Thursday, July 2, 2015

Pink Floral Thinking of You

I found a need to make a card today so the supplies I put away yesterday are out once again. It seems they always find a way to break out of their storage but then while they are out I enjoy some fun, right? They are worse than the cattle we used to have on our farm. LOL Today I used some scraps up and added a simple floral design and a sentiment to create a card.


I used some leftover pattern paper from the Gina K. Designs Delicate Essentials paper pack and added it to some white card stock and then again to some deep pink card stock. This was layered and placed across the upper portion of my base white card. Then on white card stock I stamped the largest of the flowers from the Gina K. Designs Frame & Flowers 1 set with Vivid Tea Rose dye ink three times. I then fussy cut them out and popped them over the pattern paper. I stamped the sentiment from the Gina K. Designs Elegant Florals 2 set with black ink in the lower left corner. My card was finished by stamping the smaller flower with the Tea Rose ink on the inside which then ties the front and inside of the card together.

Since the Mod Squad Blog Challenge for this week is to make use of pattern paper I think I will enter this into that challenge,

Well, I wish all a Happy Fourth of July. I will be entertaining part of the weekend and then attending a birthday party for our little granddaughter who will be one year old July 5, but we will celebrate it early on the Fourth. I guess we have found out she is really a little fire cracker too! She has brought us so much joy!

Thanks for stopping in and I love all your comments. Enjoy the holiday!

God bless,
Verna

10 comments:

Karen Hasheck said...

So so pretty! Hope you have a lovely holiday weekend with family and that sweet grandchild!

Lisa Babitz said...

This is so pretty! I love the clean design, and the patterned paper you chose goes beautifully behind your die cut flowers. Love the flower inside as well. Great card!

Unknown said...

This is so BEAUTIFUL, Verna! Love the totally design and layout, it's clean and simple and PRETTY!

Ina G said...

Verna this is beautiful. Marvellous how much impact a gorgeous piece of DP can make on a card. Lovely layout and Happy 4th July to you. Enjoy and especially hope you had a wonderful day celebrating your granddaughter's birthday. Love to see a photo of your little 'firecracker' lol

Judy Woodland said...

Very sweet card. love your layout, and the way you did the flowers horizontally. Great use of that stamp too - thanks for the inspiration!!!

Kathy Krug said...

Great design and colors. Grreat CAS and the paper looks fabulous outlined with the simple borders.

Karen Dunbrook said...

so pretty mf...love the cascading flowers...

Joyce Erb said...

Beautiful way to use those leftovers and to put those wandering stamps to work LOL. Thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge

Unknown said...

Very pretty and could be used for just about any occasion.

Peanut said...

What an elegant card, Verna. Love the simplicity ... adds to its beauty.
hugs, Asha

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...