Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Card for Big Sister

My daughter and her husband are expecting a new addition in February and she read somewhere that the transition of their daughter to a Big Sister would be easier if Little Brother gave her a little gift from him so that she won't feel so left out when more of the attention from her is transferred to him. Well my assignment was to come up with a card for that occasion. So I worked on that this week to get it done in time to send it along with another daughter who will be stopping in on her way to the expectant family's home.

I decided I wanted to make a bridge card and although in reality it was quite easy to do I of course, had to make it a lot more complicated. My card got done but it ended up being a lot of patching along the way. LOL I got the idea for the bridge card from Karen Hasheck's You Tube video. Hopefully, the next time I try it I will know what I am doing a lot better.


I computer generated the sentiments but the stamp images are from Gina K. Designs. And, the pattern paper is some I bought years ago when a stamp store went out of business and I thought it sort of looked like a snowy day. I have no idea who made it. I colored the little girl with the colors of my granddaughter's coat and hat so that she would right away think it was her. Excuse the poor coloring though as my hands were hurting and therefore I did not do as great of a job. Old Art Ritis was bugging me.

At any rate my daughter was very pleased with the card as I sent her a photo to get it approved. She had not expected anything so fun. And, it is so cool that it folds together and will fit flat in an envelope too.

Gina K. Designs Stamp sets  used: Warm and Cozy Christmas and Season's Greetings.

Also while I am here I will remind you that in a few days the 2017 Winter Coffee Lover's Blog Hop will be going on. So if you want to join in on the fun, make a few coffee, tea or hot cocoa themed designs using winter images.  Just check out the date information on my side bar. I know I am working on a few things for it. And there are lots of fantastic prizes being given too. When I show my first project I will include the blog site so you can read all the rules and more information.

Well, have a great week and thanks for visiting. I love your wonderful comments too.

God bless,
Verna

9 comments:

Judy Inukai said...

What a darling card and a great way to introduce Anna to the important job of being the big sister.

Carol L said...

I love this idea of establishing a good brother/sister relationship with such an important and fun card! It sends such a great message!

Karen Hasheck said...

Awww- this card is adorable and only a loving Grandma could come up with such a sweet card for this purpose! Thanks also for the link to my video.

Kathy Krug said...

I have been wanting to make one of these for awhile. You did a wonderful job. Fun snowmen scene with the little girl and so fitting for the sentiment and the occasion.

Barbara said...

This is a great idea to make a card for a big sister. It looks like you know what you are doing to me. Everything works. We just got here to Florida for the winter and I have been behind with comments, please excuse me.

Birgit said...

This is as cute as can be!!! How clever and adorable!

Lisa said...

What an awesome idea and what an adorable card! She is gonna love it for sure!

Greta said...

Oh wow--this is an absolute treasure, Verna! How wonderful you colored the coat so your granddaughter will know it's her! Congrats on the new grandson joining your family!

Dandi93 said...

What a sweet card and cute idea.... I've never heard of a bridge card... pretty cool Verna

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...