Friday, December 1, 2017

Ornaments 2017 Style

This year's ornaments I made to Deck the Halls are using a die from Cheery Lynn Designs called Christmas Ornament #4. I purchased this die several months ago when I had a gift certificate to apply to my order and just yesterday started working on them. I really like them too. I used both glitter paper and foiled paper that I had in my stash and this die cut perfectly every time. I was so happy with it.


Now this ornament die does not mesh up on each side so since I wanted to cover both sides with the design I had to cut out one on the foil or glitter side and then flip the paper over and cut out a die on the other side. The pieces that fell right out were then added into each side using Scor Tape but any double stick type of tape would work. Then I added a little bit of gold thin thread between the sections before I placed them together. Very easy and fun design.

The glitter paper I used is from Stampin' Up! and the Deco Foils used were Emerald Watercolor and Summer Rainbow.

I am entering this in the Dies R Us Challenge #86-Christmas Carols. My carol I chose is Deck The Halls.

Well, thanks for the visit and I hope your weekend will be a great one. I love to read your comments too. They mean so much to me.

God bless,
Verna

19 comments:

Darlene said...

Well aren't you clever Verna! These are AWESOME!! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Christmas Carols’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

Vicki Dutcher said...

How pretty are these! Beautiful card!

laurie said...

These are SO pretty! Love the shine and sparkle!

MaryH said...

Just beautiful! I'm especially liking the 2nd from the left...the way that the colors blend look so very realistic, just like the old ornaments from long ago. I'm so pleased this die cut well for you, and if it cut nicely using glitter paper, well, WOW! Good job on this one, Verna. It's a gorgeous card. TFS

Dawn S. said...

These are so pretty! I love the sparkle and shine from the glitter and foil.

Shona Erlenborn said...

These are awesome, love that they are two sided. The rainbow foil ones are my favorite. Such fun!

Donna Ellis said...

Thanks for the great tip about turning the paper over to make the front and back "mesh up" LOL Duh! I am not a paper engineer, so those types of types are so helpful to my brainlessness! Your ornaments are gorgeous and would make great tags on presents and then keepsake ornaments! LOVE THEM, in all their shimmering, sparkling glory! xx

Brenda in IN said...

These are beautiful. Your tree will just sparkle or as Donna said, put them on gifts.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Those ornaments really make an impact! So much glitter and shine - they are perfect!

Nancy said...

They are so pretty Verna! What a labor of love! WOW!

Ina G said...

These tags are so bold bright blingy and beautiful Verna.

Carol L said...

Your tags are beautiful and I love how they sparkle! Very clever design!

Greta said...

Wow--these are just stunning!

Donna Phelan said...

These are fantastic! Love your choices of papers, foils and glitter! Oh so pretty! I actually think I have the 2nd one in my Christmas ornament box lol

Sheri Gilson said...

These are beautiful, Verna! Love how they sparkle!

scrappymo! said...

Wonderful ornaments! Loving the vivid colours. It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas at your house!

Dandi93 said...

These are gorgeous Verna..... love how they sparkle

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

WOW - they are gorgeous!!!! Your tree will be so pretty and sparkly this year!

Lisa said...

What a great way to cover both sides... these are beautiful! Love the look of the glitter with the foil!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...