Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Coloring On Dark Paper

I find the easiest way to color an image on darker paper is to do an embossed design and then proceed to use colored pencils to add the colors you choose. That is what I did on this card using some Slate card stock and gold embossing powder, both of which are from Gina K. Designs. The image used is also from the Gina K. Designs Joyful Holiday set.


I colored the images in with red and teal and then used matching colored card stocks for layers. I die cut the design using the Gina K. Designs Double Stitched Oval die and then layered it onto a gold glitter paper die cut using the Gina K. Designs Single Stitched Oval die. These were glued together and then placed on a Red Hot card stock layer which in turn was placed on Teal card stock. All were added to a base card of Slate and inside the card I added a panel of white card stock so I could stamp or write a message. The final addition to the card was some punched tiny circles from the same gold glitter paper. The card stock used for this card is all from Gina K. Designs.

I am entering this in the following challenges:
Mod Squad Challenge
Double D's Blog Challenge

This design will also work for the Monday Challenge at Stamp TV.

Well, since the guys went fishing I was able to do a bit of crafting. Too bad they did not catch any fish. And, also the motor quit on them and they had to row part of the way to shore. So they certainly got some exercise. I best go fix my men something yummy for supper now so that they can recoup all the calories they burned.

And thanks for the visits. I hope you are having a great week.

God bless,
Verna

24 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Thanks for the visit and lovely comments.

Diane said...

Beautiful card Verna...I love the pretty poinsettia and the gold and you are now one Christmas card ahead!! Great fish story, too..lol!!

laurie said...

This is beautiful! I haven't colored on dark paper for a long time. It's such a pretty look!

Johanna said...

So pretty Verna. I haven't coloured on dark stock ever so I must try. You just motivated me.

Carol L said...

The colors are awesome together and the gold adds such an elegant touch as well! Beautiful card!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

A bold and pretty design and I love the golden accents!

Donna Ellis said...

Sorry their fishing trip was not productive, but I’m sure they enjoyed themselves. Your crafting time was certainly well spent! Your take on the technique is beautiful! It’s a lovely card. xx

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely design and fabulous COLOURS for our "RED AND TEAL" Challenge. Thanks for joining in and good luck in the draw. DOUBLE D
 [aNNie DT member for Double D Challenges]

MaryH said...

This technique is certainly stunning! Love the gray oval with the brilliant red framing. It looks just smashing over the blue & outer gray. Lovely pencil work on the beautiful poinsettia, and don't you love that GK gold? So pretty. TFS & Hugs

Shona Erlenborn said...

Very pretty for sure! I've not tried that technique in a while! Thanks for the reminder. Love the little glitter card dots to tie in the gold elements.

Donna Phelan said...

Oh this came out beautifully! I just love your embossing and coloring! Perfect!

Vicki Dutcher said...

So pretty with the red panel and gold glitter!

Darlene said...

Beautiful holiday card Verna! Like Diane said ... now you are one card closer to having what you'll need come the holiday season! Poor guys ... they had to be exhausted! I know I would have been! LOL Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Color – Teal & Red’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Mac Mable said...

Sorry to hear about the 'Men' and their fishing trip...sorry no fish too! Wonderful card with great colouring and absolutely beautiful x.

Judy Woodland said...

Nice job on this card, I love the colors and that glitter frame is perfect. Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!

Judy Woodland said...

And now I'm putting on my Double D Design Team hat....lol. Glad you could play along there as well! Great take on the Mood Board, thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Double D Teal and Red Color Challenge. Hope we see you back again soon!!
Judy~ DD DT
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!!


Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous, love the design.xxx

wannabcre8tive said...

A beautiful card. I love the colors.

Leslie Miller said...

Gosh, I never would have expected your colors to show up so beautifully on dark card stock, but they surely do. The gold embossing is a good choice because now you've got double beauty going on here. Love the stamp. Very nice use of these colors, Verna. I'm glad you were able to play along at Double D!

Greta said...

What a beauty! Great example of coloring on dark paper!

Dawn S. said...

What a pretty card! I love all the ways you used gold in the design.

Kathy Krug said...

Verna, this is so pretty. I love how you incorporated the challenge colors for this pretty Christmas card.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

So pretty! Coloring on dark card stock always looks amazing!

Lisa said...

I've never tried coloring on dark cardstock like this, but how beautiful it is!! Love it!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...