Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Fourth of July-Summer Fun!

I think one of the most fun summer holidays is the Fourth of July. We not only celebrate our country's birthday but we also gather together with family and friends for picnics, parades and watching the fireworks at dusk. At least that was what our family usually do each Fourth. So on that note I made a Fourth of July card which I am entering in the Dies R Us Challenge #99-Summertime Fun.


I used Gina K. Designs Diagonal Striped Background border and by turning the card stock the opposite direction was able to make a plaid design. And the stamps used on the card are from A Jillian Vance Design Cross Stitched Freedom set. I used Gina K. Designs rectangle and square double stitch and single stitch dies. And, the stars were die cut from Lawn Fawn Puffy Star Stackables. All were added to a white card base.

Well, we went to extreme nearly 100 degree heat to the 70's. Quite a change and I must say that I do prefer the cooler weather. But then again here in South Dakota the weather is lots of times changing drastically from one day to another. Hard to believe summer will begin this week. Time is sure flying by again. Thanks for stopping in and until next time have a great week.

God bless,
Verna

14 comments:

Liz said...

Beautiful, patriotic card, Verna. Hope you enjoy your 4th July celebrations next month, I wish we had something similar in the UK. xx

Darlene said...

Oh Verna this is awesome! I love 4th of July fireworks! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Summertime Fun’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Thanks everyone for the nice visits and comments.

Carol L said...

This is perfect for those July 4th celebrations! Love the fireworks and great plaid background too!

Judy Woodland said...

What a great Fourth of July card. I love how you have used the traditional colors, but they are fresh and new somehow. That background is perfect too!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Absolutely fantastic card! I love the plaid background you created and the great patriotic stamps.

Brenda in IN said...

This is a great card to honor our country. I love the plaid paper and the fireworks are just like being there in person without all the noise. Pretty silver stars too.

Kathy Krug said...

Fabulous red, white, and blue card. I love the fire works. Thanks for joining us at Dies R Us Challenge Blog. We hope you will join us for future challenges,
Kathy
DRU DT

laurie said...

I love making 4th of July cards! Yours is so festive, and I agree, it IS one of the best holidays. Can't wait for that picnic!!

Doreen said...

Love the fab design,just gorgeous.xxx

Jennifer Scull said...

your card makes me ready for the beautiful skies filled with fireworks! what a wonderful card! :)

Lisa said...

This is cool! Love the fireworks and love your plaid background.. seems like I might need that stamp set!

Diane said...

Fabulous card!! Love those fireworks!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Dies R Us!
Diane DRU DT {Nellies Nest}

Dandi93 said...

Terrific patriotic card Verna, Awesome plaid... what a great tip

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...