Saturday, June 16, 2018

Gone Fishing!

As soon as I saw the saying included with the die set I used from Cheapo Designs called Gone Fishing Truck that old melody my Mom used to sing to me was recalled. "Gone fishing in an inky dinky pool. Gone fishing! Wish I could be that kind of fool". I think that is about all I recall of the song but it was a real reminder and brought back some fun memories. So with that die in mind I made a masculine card but it would have worked for my Mom as well as she was an avid fisher woman.


I cut the die out with white card stock and then with my Copics did some coloring. I based this card on the color of my hubby's pick up so that is why it is a white one. And, he is a Ford man. However, I love my Chevy Equinox which I drive so I guess you can say we are a divided house in that respect. LOL I also used Gina K. Designs card stock on which I sponged the road, grass and sky. The panels were die cut with a Memory Box Cross Stitched  Border die set. The sponging inks were from Gina K. Designs.

I am entering this card into the Dies R Us Challenge #99-Summertime Fun.

Thanks for the visit and I hope all the dads out there have a wonderful Father's Day!

God bless,
Verna

20 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Thanks so much for visiting and for the wonderful comments.

Mac Mable said...

Such a fun card. Loving the die cuts and your wonderful scene making. Great memories for you too x

Darlene said...

OMG this is fabulous Verna! Love the old pick up loaded with fishing equipment ... your background is awesome too! Great job! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Summertime Fun’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

Carol L said...

This is so great and I love the old pickup truck! My hubs is a Ford man too, and I own a GM.......hmmmmmmm (sounds familiar?) LOL This is totally cute and FUN!!

Rosy Newlun said...

What an awesome truck! And it's a "Ford" ahem! No offense, but we are a Ford truck kinda family. Tell Arlin. I love your fishing design. I'll ask Bruce about the song. It must be ahem, ahem, waaay before my little time lololol!!! (I'm feeling a bit snarky today, excuse me)

Ina G said...

What else can I say but THIS IS SIMPLY BRILLIANT Vera. And yes it is a FORD! Yay...

wannabcre8tive said...

A super cute card. I love your fabulous scene. Old cars and trucks on cards really get my attention.

Dandi93 said...

Love this Verna, awesome card and great story.

Barbara said...

Such a wonderful scene! It feels like I want to go fishing. Great feeling!

Brenda in IN said...

How cute! I love that old pick up truck and perfect to load up the fishing gear and be off to the lake.

Judy Woodland said...

Super cute. I love the little story about your mom, and I also love that you personalized it with your hubby's preference. Really sweet.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super fun truck die - Ford is good but Chevy is better lol :)

Kathy Krug said...

Verna this is so darn cute. I guess I need that die. Don't know that song though. Love your sponging for the grass and road too.

KT Fit Kitty said...

I love your card, Verna! I think I remember my grandfather having an old truck like this when I was a kid! Awesome fishing theme!

Karen Dunbrook said...

super cute, super fun....what a great memory.
xx Karen

Donna Phelan said...

Oh what a fun memory for you! That truck die is great, I love the fishing gear too, I know this set would be so popular here! Great masculine card! Great design and layout too!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Such a fun card Verna! Love the colors and the fun sentiment! Just perfect!

Lisa said...

Love the story and love the card! Quite awesome... both! My dad used to take us fishing when we were really young... of course, at some point I decided I felt sorry for the fish and stopped..lol! But that's me... a bleeding heart. But those were some of my best memories for sure.. Fantastic card!

Diane said...

Wonderful card, so cute, you use those Cheapo dies so creatively !! thank you for joining our challenge at Dies R Us!
Diane DRU DT {Nellies Nest}

laurie said...

I LOVE this! I have this die and haven't used it yet, your card is giving me some ideas! I like how you added FORD!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...