Monday, February 18, 2019

TODAY is Your Day!

New stamp set and a new die so of course I had to give them a try. This is the card I made and the colors look so bright and cheery with the black. I am very happy with it. Since I used a lot of Coral Reef color on it I guess I will put it in the monthly challenge at Stamp TV.


The first thing I did with a white card stock panel was to place some of that purple tape along a line that would mask off the area I wanted to sponge color onto. Once that was done I sponged on Gina K. Designs Coral Reef, Wild Dandelion and Dusty Rose inks. Then I placed this panel into my MISTI and proceeded to stamp the floral design and sentiments with Versafine black ink. The stamps I used are all from the Gina K. Designs Today & Always set by Lisa Hetrick. I also added some black polka dots using the stamped design from that same stamp set on the white area. Along the polka dotted area I used a Die'Sire Die called Beatrice to create that wonderful scalloped edge. I also placed a strip of black card stock down the middle of the card between the stamped and die cut area to give a more finished look before adding it to a Coral Reef card stock base. Inside the card I added a panel of white to which I had stamped some of those black dots to tie it in with the outer design. And that my friends completes my card I did today.

Well, I hope the sun is shining for you. We did enjoy some here so that was very uplifting for a change. Have a great week everyone and thanks for the visits.

God bless,
Verna

17 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I agree this is so bright and cheerful!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

now that is one super cool card! Those black flowers on this wonderful background are just so striking! And the contrast to the doily is sheer perfection!!!!!

Rosy Newlun said...

Fabulous design, Verna! The colors remind me of tulips popping through the snow! Very creative!

Carol L said...

Beautifully designed and crafted card! Love that die-cut scalloped edge with the colorful panel! Very pretty!

Judy Woodland said...

Boy do I like the brights colors on this card. It's so nice to see cheery, bright images. And I love that you used the black to stamp the flowers, they really pop. And then that lacy die cut edge is just the perfect final touch. Really great design here!!!

Donna Ellis said...

Your beautiful card reminds me of spicy hot food, Verna! IT'S GORGEOUS! I can just hear happy music playing, and picnic food being laid out on tables, and laughter in the background as children play - fabulous creation! hugs, de

Brenda in IN said...

Playing catch up today and this is a bright, cheerful, happy card. I love those flowers and the sponging is so pretty. A lovely scalloped border too.

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful card, Verna! Love the bright & cheery design! Thank you so much for playing along with this months challenge!

Kathy Krug said...

Absolutely gorgeous. The sponging with the black ink really pops and the large border die is perfect. The placement of the sentiment really makes it the star.

Mac Mable said...

Such a wonderfully designed card. The blending looks fabulous with such pretty colours. Absolutely love the stamped flower images and the polka dots on the white die cut. Hope the sun is still shinning? x

Vicki Dutcher said...

Pretty card -- I like the black again the colorful bg

Leslie Miller said...

Fabulous color combo to pop those bold, black flowers! Wow! Love the lacy die edge, too. Fun playtime with your new things!

wannabcre8tive said...

I absolutely love the colorful background you made for your flowers. Great choice of colors. Your pretty border, just adds to the beauty.

Thanks, for the lovely comment you left on my blog today. Hugs.

Karen Hightower said...

Oh what a pretty card Verna! I love the colors and your design! :) Your card is cheerful and with this weather, it is nice to have some color cheer! Thank you for playing along in the Monthly Mix Challenge over at Gina K. Designs! <3

Lisa said...

Gorgeous! So dramatic and so beautiful! Love the inked background with the bold black floral... quite awesome!

Dawn S. said...

Pretty card! I love the lacy die cut. Thanks for your lovely comment on my card!

Dandi93 said...

Very pretty Verna

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...