Sunday, August 9, 2020

CAS Sympathy Card

I made a quick sympathy card today using the stamp and sentiment from the Altenew Watercolor Halftone stamp set. I also added some Altenew washi tape called Navy Gold Trim washi tape. The floral arrangement was stamped with Gina K. Designs Navy ink. I also layered the focal panel onto some gold mirror card stock from Crafter's Companion. After adding it to a white card base I had my card completed.


I think this will be a masculine design for a sympathy card with the colors I used on it. The gold is just enough bling to make it look elegant.

Well, we got our internet system going and I am happy to say it is working great. Anytime I wanted to check something out on the internet it was always working. So I hope it continues to do that. We even had some rain and it worked right through the shower.

Otherwise I have been busy doing garden things. The green beans are keeping me busy and tomorrow I will be freezing more  beans. So far I have 15 pints but tomorrow should bring it easily up to 20 or more.

Well, I hope all had a wonderful weekend. Take care and thanks for the great comments always.

God bless,
Verna

20 comments:

Darnell said...

I love the navy and the gold, Verna. A lovely design for a sympathy card for either gender. I'm so glad to hear your internet is finally up and running! Enjoy your canning, but don't work too hard! Hugs, Darnell

Rosy Newlun said...

This is gracious, soft and elegant. I'm happy to know you have reliable internet! Technical problems can be a big headache. I hope you enjoy all the bounty of your ggardening!

kiwimeskreations said...

What an elegant and classy card Verna - love the dark navy over the blue, and the touches of gold are perfect. Glad to hear the 'new' internet system is working way better than the last :)
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Dandi93 said...

Gorgeous masculine sympathy Verna, Love your use of the solid flower stamp... I have very few solid stamps and rarely use them... I forget how pretty they can be... Nicely done

Lisa Babitz said...

The blues and gold is a very pretty combination; a perfect masculine design. Yippee for good internet finally!!!

Theresa's Studio said...

Love your design for a sympathy card! Elegant design. Glad to hear your internet is working. Makes life go better. Have fun freezing those beans.

Brenda in IN said...

I love this blue and it does make a good masculine card and a lovely sympathy card. Isn't it wonderful to be able to go online whenever you want and have it be there for you. I hope that continues no matter what the weather.

Carol L said...

This is such a pretty and serene sympathy card - perfect for a gentleman! Love that little touch of gold you added too! Congrats on getting your internet back and running the way it should! Enjoy your week ahead!

Diane said...

Really beautiful and elegant card, love the color combo of adding the gold to the navy. Glad you have your internet working way better then before. I didn't do a garden this year being gone all summer, but I did manage to freeze 12 pint bags of sweet corn.

Judy Woodland said...

This is so lovely, Verna. I really like it's simplicity. Just gorgeous, and perfect for a masculine sympathy card. Really nice!!

Dawn S. said...

Beautiful sympathy card. I have that washi tape but haven’t used it yet. I might use your card as inspiration. So glad that your internet is working well!

Sandra H said...

So beautiful x

Mac Mable said...

That stamped flower looks amazing Verna and such a wonderful card perfect for a sad occasion x. I am so glad that your internet is working.....at long last x.

Leslie Miller said...

How beautiful, Verna! You're right about the gold being just the right bit of elegance. I'm so glad to hear you've got your internet all fixed up and running great. What a relief!

TK said...

This is a wonderful card, Verna! Love the regal colors, and you've definitely made it classy, for either masculine or otherwise in my book

wannabcre8tive said...

So very pretty. I need to make sympathy cards for my stash.

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is so classy, Verna. The blues and the touch of gold is a great look. Love that silhouette stamp too. Glad that the internet is working out for you!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely sympathy card

Greta said...

Lovely sympathy card & glad your internet is working!

laurie said...

Great design! SO pretty and elegant.Glad your internet is working again. Such a bummer when it's not!!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...