Friday, November 5, 2021

To Grandmother's House

I got my printer back and the problem was a bad cartridge which they replaced for free as I had just purchased a new one a couple weeks ago and replaced it the day I could not get it to work. So at least that was not an expensive repair. So today I printed out a digital design from Jan's Digitals so that I could enter at least one card in the November Jan's Digitals Challenge. I chose to use images from the Over The River set. I also made an envelope to match it too! I printed the image on sticker paper, fussy cut it and placed it on the corner of the envelope.



I used some of the first dies I had ever purchased. They were the Polka Dot Frame from Spellbinder and also the Spellbinder A2 Curved Matting Basics A set. I only used part of the sentiment from the digital set as I was cramped for room. But by cutting around it and putting a thin border of green cardstock I got it to fit in the frame. The last finishing touch was to add some dark green rhinestones to each rounded corner.

Well, that might be all I do today or tomorrow as I have company coming Saturday. So I have to put all my toys away. Thanks for visiting and I love the comments. Stay healthy too!

God bless, Verna
.

12 comments:

laurie said...

Love this! That image is a fave of mine for Christmas...I really like the scene... reminds me of us going to Grandmas's house with all the presents piled in the car. Awesome card. Enjoy your company!

Jan Mahew said...

Outstanding job Verna! Enjoy your company...:-) Thank you for sharing your festive creation with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge! Happy Holidays!
Hugs,
Jan

Lisa Babitz said...

Great holiday card design!

Carol L said...

This is such a fun card and I love the matching envie too! Now that song is in my head :)

Brenda in IN said...

I've never seen that Spellbinder's polka dot frame and it is so cute. That is a fun image of the trip to Grandmother's house. I'll be humming that song all day! Your stenciled bouquet from Wednesday is so pretty and the gold washi looks elegant.

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous image and a wonderful design and great how you got it all to fit Verna x. So glad your printer problems are fixed and didn't cost anything x.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super fun coloring that you did. Great card

Dawn S. said...

Lovely card, and now I'm singing the song!

Bunny said...

Yay for having an easy fix to the printer. Easy for them of course.

Cute Christmas card. Love the Polka Dot frame. [Bunny]
<a href="http://

TK said...

Sweet, sweet card, I love the image! Great use of the die to frame the pretty image, and the matching envelope too -- so happy your printer was easily remedied and helped make such a wonderful card

Suzanne H said...

I love the polka dot border on this image. I usually stamp a quick image on my envelope, but I like the idea of sticker paper. Super cute card!

Pamela Duncan said...

I really like the wide red die you've used. Great job! Thanks for joining us at Jan's Digital Stamp Shop! Pam, DT

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...