Tuesday, March 10, 2015

For the Guys!

I am in need of a few masculine type birthday cards soon so today I worked with a stencil from Stampinback called Flagstones which I thought resembled the hide of a giraffe. Along with that background I also used the giraffe images and sentiment from the Stampinback Sheet 138B.


Both the stencil and the stamps I used are available at I Brake For Stamps. I used Gina K. Designs Ivory and Black card stock and also used Gina K. Designs Warm Cocoa and Black inks on this card. After layering the main panel onto black I then added the ribbon before I adhered it to the Ivory card base.

Well, not a lot of time to stamp this week but at least I got couple done towards my supply of birthday cards.

Hope you are having a good week and here we are having spring like weather. Hurray!

God bless,
Verna

15 comments:

Karen Hasheck said...

Love it. I really like those giraffes!

Becky said...

I love this image Verna, beautiful card.

Unknown said...

Oh yeah, this is very very cool. Awesome masculine card!

Ina G said...

Gee Susan and I seem to be on the same waive length. I am going to say this card is totally cool too. Love the background and of course those gorgeous giraffes.

Brenda said...

You are just busy busy busy!!! Another wonderful card :)

Darnell said...

Verna, you have a great eye to see that the flagstone would work as a giraffe print! It totally does! This is an incredible masculine birthday card!! Hugs, Darnell

Donna Ellis said...

great stencil with that stamp image, Verna! And pretty colors! I like that the background is so colorful, and that the image itself is a silhouette - beautiful design, and perfectly "masculine"! huggers, de

Unknown said...

Oh this is fabulous! In my house we have a saying....Giraffes have Giraffes..... ;) I love the print and those sweet little (well very tall!) creatures. Wonderful!

Unknown said...

Love it. Makes a super masculine card.

Joyce Erb said...

Very cool masculine card. Totally looks like giraffe spots

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun script use on the giraffes -- fabulous masculine card~

Peanut said...

What a fab man card, Verna. The bg is perfect and the scripty hide on the giraffe is a stroke of genius!
hugs Asha

Judy Woodland said...

Awesome card, genius to use that stencil. It does look like the pattern of a giraffe! Love the stamp too! Our daughter collects giraffes, so this card would be perfect for her. I must look for that stamp, thanks for the inspiration!!

Rushd Lady said...

Very nice card! The stencil does look like a spotted giraffe!

Unknown said...

Perfect stencil! I really like those giraffe stamps as well. You put this card together beautifully!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...