Saturday, August 27, 2016

A Winter Scene Card

Hello again. I am back to making a card. It has taken me a bit longer then I thought it would to get my strength back but it is improving little by little. So yesterday I worked on the card in the afternoon and then finished it in the evening after I had rested for a bit. Hubby was gone for the evening so I did not have to fix supper.


I am entering this in the Mod Squad Blog Challenge and the NBUS # 7 Challenge. The stamped scene image on this card is my Never Before Used Schtuff. And, the Mod Squad challenge says to use a pet or animal on the entries this week. So I am hoping this will be acceptable for those challenges.




This is a stamp from Penny Black called Sentinel. I thought it would be a unique and different type of card for Christmas and winter time giving. I used my MISTI to help get the colors dark enough. I used a combination of water based pens and dye inks to color it. I also added some snow to the trees using a white Uni-Posca paint pen.

I layered it onto Gina K. Designs Jelly Bean Green card stock and then onto the Gina K. Designs Ivory card base. Well, not much more to add I think. It is quite a simple card but I don't think it needed lots of embellishment.


It sure felt good to make a card again. I want to thank all of you for the get well wishes and prayers. They meant a lot to me and I know that I am feeling better each day because of them.

God bless,
Verna

17 comments:

Barbara Bruder said...

Verna, this is gorgeous. you know this scene will be playing out before we know it. Glad you are doing well and back to card making. This is another beauty. Have a great weekend.

Macimbalo said...

So glad you are feeling better and able to get back to your art! And this card is a beauty - the colors, the added snow - it really sets a beautiful wintry scene! Love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at  The Mod Squad Challenge Angie, Challenge Host.

Darnell said...

This is a beautiful serene night-time winter scene, Verna! I can just feel the hush and the cold air! I'm so glad to hear that you are slowly getting better and back to making cards, but don't rush it! Thank you for playing in my NBUS Challenge #7!! Lots of hugs, Darnell

Ina G said...

So glad you are getting your strength back Verna and back into your craft room to create this gorgeous winter scene. So lovely.

Rosy Newlun said...

Oh Verna, this is an incredibly beautiful snow scene! I wish I was there, crunching in the snow. I'm glad you are starting to feel a little better and able to complete a card and a complex one at that! Take your time. I pray you get back to your usual strong, creative self right away!!!!!

Joyce Erb said...

Wow, much more fun then making dinner LOL. Glad you are feeling better but don't rush it, take care of you:-) Your scene is beautiful.

Cheryl Wright said...

Love this Verna. It's stunning!!

Judy Woodland said...

Glad to see you're back at it again. This scene is wonderful, love all the snow. Just lovely!!

Nancy said...

Glad to see you back in action! You make the best Christmas cards and this one is no exception! Don't over do it!

Unknown said...

And what a card you have made! FAB winter scene, this is a great masculine card! Glad you feel well enough to create--it's good for the soul.....but just remember, Baby Steps!!! Be well!!!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Glad to see you back! Your winter scene is terrific! Love the addition of the snow too.

Donna Ellis said...

BEAUTIFUL wintry scene, Miss Verna! So glad you are feeling better, and playing in your challenges again. Easy does it, and lots of rest - keep up the good work in the healthy category LOL - and the card is just wonderful, Verna! hugs, de

Anonymous said...

A beautiful card and whoever receives it this Christmas will be very lucky.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Verna and am so glad you are feeling up to doing them again.

Patti said...

Hi Verna!! I'm waving from the Hills!! : )SO super glad to see your beautifully colored card!! We are all so glad to have you back!

BIG (((Hugs)))
Patti

Karen Dunbrook said...

Great looking card mf....
Glad you are able to stamp again.
hugs,
Karen

KT Fit Kitty said...

A very beautiful winter scene, Verna! I love scene cards! So nice to see you crafting again, even if it's just a few minutes here and there as you get your strength back. Keep it up and I hope you feel better each day! Sending hugs!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...