Thursday, September 1, 2016

Wedding Card

Well, a wedding card is needed soon and I decided that I would use some of the NBUS items again to make it. In case you don't know, that means (Never-Before-Used-Schtuff). So this will be entered in the NBUS Challenge #7.


And the items that now have finally gotten used are the sentiment label from the David Tutera Celebrate Set and the Elizabeth Craft Designs 964-Victorian Flower Set 1 and 965-Victorian Flower Overlay Set 1. I think they are such beautiful dies and I got them at a big bargain too! Can't beat that!


I used Gina K. Pure Luxury Lovely Lavender and Ivory card stocks. The card base is the lavender and the lacy overlay die is cut with the ivory. Then for the flowers I used a dark purple card stock from Die Cuts With A View which was almost a perfect match to the label dark purple and the lacy part of the flowers were using shimmery lavender card stock from Crafter's Companion. I added a an unknown brand of rhinestone flower gem to the center of each of the die cut flowers. That matched the rhinestones on the label as well. The leaf I die cut from green card stock from Die Cuts With A View using a Cheery Lynn Designs die.


Cheery Lynn Designs Dies used:
B181 Build a Flower #1 (leaf only)
Card Cover Maker #4 CAFR-11

I am also entering this in the following challenges:
Cherry Lynn Designs Challenge #237  It is a lace theme and I chose lacy dies for my lace.
Mod Squad Blog Challenge-Using Foliage (leaves)

I still have to add an inside verse but that will be done closer to the wedding.

Thanks for the lovely comments on my post. I am getting better each day too. Still I am taking lots of time to rest and most of my days are spent tending to garden things these days. But today I felt almost like my old self. So I hope that is a good sign. Anyway it was fun to create a card again. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend too.

God bless,
Verna


17 comments:

Karen Hasheck said...

Just gorgeous Verna! Love those dies! Glad you hear you are feeling so good!

Unknown said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! Fabulous colors and I LOVE those flowers! WOW! Looks like you are feeling like your old self again! Yay!

Lisa Babitz said...

GORGEOUS card! I love the dies you chose, the colors and your layout. Just beautiful! Glad to hear you are feeling well!

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is a lovely wedding card, Verna! Your die-cut flowers are gorgeous! I love the colour scheme too! Way to go on using your NBUS! Feels good, doesn't it! Glad you're feeling a bit better each day! Hoping this trend continues!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Beautiful creation Verna. Those dies are so pretty and I love the purple and ivory combination. Glad to have you back blogging, hope you continue to feel better each day.

Donna Ellis said...

What a beautiful card, Verna! Gorgeously delicate, and such feminine colors! Hugs, de

Rosy Newlun said...

I've been thinking of you, hoping you're getting better and better. By the looks of this gorgeous card, I would say you're great! The die cuts combined with the lavender and ivory are a WOW! What a keepsake! Aloha to you and to Arlin ♥

Joyce Erb said...

This is wonderful, love the use of dies, especially if using NBUS!

Patti said...

Beautiful Verna! I love seeing wedding cards in pastel colors : ) This is going to thrill the recipients! : )

Patti

Vicki Dutcher said...

I'M BACK from my vacation. I see you are creating again, so you must be healing good. Lovely use of these beautiful dies too!

Judy Woodland said...

Awesome card, I love all the die cuts. Pretty color too, my favorite. This is just a lovely wedding card!!!

A splash of color said...

Beautiful card. I love the dies and your lavender color scheme is perfect for me.. glad your feeling more like you :)

evafromca said...

What a beautiful card! Thank you so much for playing along with our current Cheery Lynn Designs challenge and good luck!

Lisa said...

Beautiful Lacey card! Thanks for joining us this week with Cheery Lynn Designs.

Chrissy Mac Designs said...

Gorgeous card! The two purples play nicely off of each other. Good luck in your challenges. Thank you for entering the Cheery Lynn Designs Design Challenge!

Ginny @ Polly's Paper Studio said...

This is a lovely card and a great addition to our challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at Cheery Lynn Designs. Hugs from Ginny at Polly's Paper Studio.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...