Friday, September 9, 2016

Snowy Christmas

Finally the garden is slowing down and I am back into the swing of making cards again. I decided I still need a lot of Christmas cards so today I worked on a design using Gina K. Designs stamps and one die.


The stamps I used were the evergreen tree line from the Gina K. Designs Northwoods set and the snowman from the Wishing You Joy Gina K. Designs TV Kit.


My base card is white card stock. Over this base I added a background made with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder. But before I embossed it I added some clear Versamark ink to the raised dots and then embossed it. Next I took some Gina K. Designs white embossing powder and added it to the Cuttlebug design and heat set it.


Then on white card stock I stamped the tree line and cut along the edge of the trees so that could be the next layer of my card. Onto this layer I added the fussy cut snowman by popping him up with some double stick photo tape. Next I added the die cut sentiment from Cheery Lynn Designs and on the snowflakes I added some white pearls. And, I dotted the eye with a red rhinestone gem.


I added Wink of Stella onto the snowman and also below the tree line. I thought this looked a bit more like sparkling snow. The card was then finished by adding a strip of white lace and over that I added a strip of red rhinestones.

Cheery Lynn Designs Die:
B186 Merry Christmas Set

I am entering this in the following challenges:
Cheery Lynn Designs Blog Challenge-Lace Theme
Scrapy Land Challenge-Anything Goes
Stamp TV Mix It Up Monday Challenge

We are having more gloomy type of days lately and one can feel a hint of Fall in the air as it is much cooler. But I am happy and glad I can be back to making cards and that I am feeling better every day now. Thanks for visiting and for the lovely comments.

God bless,
Verna

14 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Love this pretty card, Verna! I have never seen a red snowman, and yours is fabulously happy in his festive Christmas scene. Gorgeous design! Hugs, de

Kathy Krug said...

This is too cute, Verna. Love the red and white and that dotted paper. The hill background is great for the focal snowman.

Lori Kobular said...

What a beautiful red & white card Christmas card! I love the snowman and the hills! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenges!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Love the red and white with the WOS sparkle! The lace and rhinestones are so pretty. Beautiful Christmas card.

Barbara said...

Hello Verna! We are at the end of our trip and have some decent internet. I just wanted to stop by and tell you how much I love this card. Lovely with all of the red. Very different and so sparkley.

brenda said...

Hi Verna,

I did try and reply to your mail but it bounced back and the one on your profile doe not see to want to work either. Just wanted to let you know there is now a follow by e.mail option on PB&M challenge as requested.

Lovely bright and cheery Christmas card, hope you have a good weekend.

B x

Judy Woodland said...

Super cute, love that you used the red and white. So unlike a snowy scene, but it really works. Well done!!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Very cute, Verna! Wonderful monochromatic card and very festive in red!

Patti said...

Just the kind of brightness to add spark to a gloomy day! : ) I really love red and white together! your card makes me happy!!

Patti

Lisa said...

Beautiful Red card! My favorite color! Thanks for joining us this week with Cheery Lynn Designs.

Chrissy Mac Designs said...

Great job. I love the simplicity of the red tones with the white. Good luck in the Cheery Lynn Designs design challenge!! :)

evafromca said...

What a cute Christmas card!!! Love the red! Thank you so much for participating in our Cheery Lynn Designs challenge and good luck!

Ginny @ Polly's Paper Studio said...

This is a lovely card and a great addition to our challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at Cheery Lynn Designs. Hugs from Ginny at Polly's Paper Studio.

Unknown said...

Festive! Love that snowman and all of the sparkle, great job in capturing it! Love the bit of lace and all of those red rhinestones and pearl embellishments! This is awesome!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...