Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Vintage Christmas

I was hoping to get a more vintage look and I think by using a cut out from a set of Heartfelt Creation Christmas papers from year's back I managed to get that type of design. I combined that with dies from Cheery Lynn Designs.


Using a cover die I added the white layer over the glitter infested beige card stock. And, sorry! I have no idea where that card stock came from but it sure is pretty! Next I added the Heartfelt Creations cut out and layered it to Gina K. Designs Fresh Asparagus card stock. This was then placed over the top of the card front panel.


I die cut a poinsettia from card stock which closely matched the poinsettia in the cut out and also some evergreen branches. I shaped the poinsettia and layered it over the right lower corner of the card. I popped the poinsettia up by adding several layers of  Zots thick dots so that there was more dimension. I also added some yellow rhinestone gems to the center of the poinsettia.


To finish the card design I took my Wink of Stella pen and added some glittery shimmer to the poinsettias.

Cheery Lynn Dies used:
French Lattice Small Frame FRM132
Pine Branches B146
Poinsettia Strip B324

Other Supplies:
Wink of Stella
Zots Clear Adhesive Dots
Scor Pal
Heartfelt Creations Paper Collection
Rhinestone Gems-Unknown

I am entering this in the following challenges:
Cheery Lynn Designs Blog Challenge-Vintage
Crop Stop Linky Party #20-Anything Goes

Well, another cloudy day with the promise of rain later on. It is a good day to make cards. But I think the rest of my day will be working with tomatoes again. Oh, well! That is a productive activity too!

Thanks for stopping and for the lovely comments.
God bless,
Verna

16 comments:

Kathy Krug said...

This is so pretty, Verna. I have so many Heartfelt panels like this and you have inspired me to go look at them and use some of them.

Unknown said...

Bahahaha 'glitter infested'....never heard it quite put like that before lol Love that image, very pretty, very festive! Love the matching Poinsettia die too!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Beautiful vintage card, Verna! I love the die-cut poinsettia and greenery! Lovely card!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Gorgeous creation! Love the colors with the infested glitter! Too funny! The poinsettia cut outs go perfectly with the beautiful image.

Ina G said...

Simply gorgeous Verna. Love the layout. Beautiful all over Verna.

Lisa Babitz said...

Your Poinsettia is gorgeous. Love the background you created with the cover die as well. Beautiful vintage card.

Barbara said...

The whole card is gorgeous, and I love this vintage look with the outstanding poinsettia.

Peanut said...

What a lovely elegant card, Verna. Hope you are in good health.
x Asha

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful, Verna! I like the placement of the 3D poinsettia, but more, I am IN LOVE WITH that image on the HC paper! Wow! Beautifully done, my friend! love, de

Anne Temple said...

This is such a beautiful Christmas card. Love the vintage look and the colors you chose are gorgeous.

Patti said...

Verna! this card is perfect in every way!! I love the colors so much and your design could not be more perfect and elegant!

Patti

Judy Woodland said...

This is such a pretty, and yes, very vintage-y card. LOVE all the glitter, and that cover plate die cut is perfect!!!

Juliz Design Post said...

Another fabulous card Verna. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck.
Julie x

Lisa said...

Beautiful card!!! Thanks for joining us this week with cheery Lynn designs.

Ginny @ Polly's Paper Studio said...

This is a lovely card and a great addition to our challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs. Thanks for playing along! Hugs from Ginny at Polly's Paper Studio : )

Karen Letchworth said...

This is so pretty, Verna. I love the die-cuts and the beautiful sentiment. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful art with us. it’s a treat to have you play along, and I hope that you wll join us again soon.
Karen
CropStop

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...