Thursday, September 29, 2016

National Coffee Day

Because it is National Coffee Day I just had to make another card with the coffee theme. I am also entering this in the 2016 Fall Coffee Lovers Blog challenge and the Mod Squad Blog Challenge.


I used the Acorns (digital image) from I Brake for Stamps and the cup and sentiment from Gina K. Designs. I colored the images in with my Bic Mark-It pens but did do some paper piecing on the cup and used pattern paper from Gina K. Designs for that.

I die cut two ovals from the MFT-843 Die-Namics Wonky Stitched Ovals set in two different sizes. One in cream and one in brown. It was over these stacked ovals that I added the images and sentiment.


Well, this will be the last card I do in the coffee theme until the next hop comes along. I have so enjoyed working with the coffee images and I hope you enjoyed seeing what I did along that line too.

Have a great rest of the week. We might be combining beans and if not, I will be putting away the craft supplies and clearing off the kitchen table again as we are getting weekend company. Thanks so much for stopping in and for all the wonderful comments.

God bless,
Verna

23 comments:

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Love your coloring of the leaves. Thanks for sharing such a pretty card. Hope to see your creations on the next hop

Rushd Lady said...

Since I just ate a sandwich, I'm thanking a farmer's wife for some of that. grin! And since I drink tea and not coffee, I'll pretend that cup up there has some yummy QT tea latte in it instead. Okay, Verna? :)

Shelly said...

Simply, beautiful!

Maria said...

Wonderful card! Love the pretty leaves and the cup in blue!

Teri said...

So pretty. I love the colors.

Becca Yahrling said...

Very cute card! Happy Fall and enjoy your company this weekend. :-)

KT Fit Kitty said...

So pretty, Verna! The leaves and acorns are gorgeous and beautifully coloured! I have enjoyed all of your coffee cards! This hop has been a lot of fun and I wish it wasn't ending tomorrow!

Shona Erlenborn said...

So fun! I had no idea it was National Coffee Day - funny though, as the hubby asked me to pick some up at Costco today! The colors are fabulous and I'm loving the wonky stitching!

Rosy Newlun said...

Oh, just love your deep rich colors, the acorns up in the corner and the paper piecing on the cup!!

Barbara said...

I love look of this one, with the bright colors. Great job!

Peanut said...

Beautiful card, Verna. Don't you just love fall. After the scorching heat of summer...everything about fall is amazing.
x Asha

D said...

Lovely card!

Ceal said...

beautiful card!

Judy Woodland said...

Great card, my dear. You are really crankin' them out lately, I'm lovin' it!!! Your coloring is just wonderful, as is the design. I really like the ovals on this one! Perfection!

Michelle said...

Wow! Verna, all your cards for the blog hop blew me away!!! All are beautiful!

Karen B. said...

I love the oval spotlight.

Lisa said...

Soooo pretty!! Love the cluster of leaves... bright and beautiful!

Arianna Barbara said...

Amazing card!!!

~amy~ said...

I wish we could get colorful cups like that at Starbucks :) Great card!

Helen F. said...

Such a pretty card design!

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful fall card!

Peggy T. said...

Lovely fall card. Thank you for sharing with us at the Mod Squad Challenge.

Peggy T.
DT Member

Unknown said...

Nothing like a nice hot up of coffee on a beautiful Fall day.....I think that sums up your lovely card! This is awesome!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...